Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I feel like i have a lump in my throat i can't swallow, after I eat I burp a lot, sometimes vomit?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

I feel like i have a lump in my throat i can't swallow, after I eat I burp a lot, sometimes vomit?

Postby lockwood » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:53 am

It's that annoying little lump feeling that will not go down with a swallow, sort of annoying when i swallow saliva cause I feel it. I used to always chug water after workouts or when thirsty, but throat closes up like it doesn't want it (like trying to force yourself to eat, and keep trying to eat sort of feeling) and after I eat (no issues while eating) I burp a lot. But if I put stomach effort into the burp, then some watery acidic vomit will hit the back of the throat and i have to hold it down, then i'm fine...but still have the lump. I feel fine other than that, so it's not like a sinus infection or anything. Mother is suggesting Prevacid, and i'm on my second dose, i have a day or two to go to see if it will work. I'm just curious if anyone knows exactly what would help or what it is? Also I have used smokeless tobacco for the past 9 months, and very light with cigarettes and cigars, so I doubt throat cancer considering I'm 19 and cancer isn't noticeable in beginning stages, and what I have now was out of nowhere after waking up one morning. Thanks.
lockwood

Postby ward » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am

The best thing you can do for your health is to quit using tobacco of any kind. Especially now that you're having problems with your throat already, stop using at least for now and see what happens.

Go to the doctor. This is a fairly serious problem and could mean something a lot worse. (I have GERD, so I know!) If you don't want to go straight to a Gastroenterologist, at least see a PCP.

BTW Cancer does not discriminate. It doesn't care how old you are or how long you've been smoking.
ward

Postby jerrel82 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 am

Glandular fever ...
jerrel82

Return to Stomach Cancer