Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I dont know what to do with my life anymore?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby rust88 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:03 pm

I live in South Africa in a little city called Port Elizabeth.Im 26 years old and I work as a admin clerk at a pharmacy.Iv had quite a journey from the age of 16 where my farther died from lung cancer and my mom couldn't afford to let me finish my schooling career.So I started working to help my mom out.She got me a job at the pharmacy she works at.So I took advantage of the offer and made the best of it.I put myself through a I.T technician coarse and did well,but I couldn't carry on with the coarse due to cash flow problems.I dont party,I dont go out and my best friend moved to another city creating his own business with the help of his parents.So at the moment all Iv been doing is going to work from 8:30 in the morning to 5:30 in the evening.I get home,I eat and then sleep.Iv been doing this for years.Also my family ,cousins etc I cut them off due to there nature of being nice in your presence and as soon as you turn your back,basically you re a piece of SH..t in there eyes(I apologize for that word.Any ways basically I don't have enough money to move out because im living with my mother trying to help her.Only thing is no matter what I do,any decisions I make everything seems to be pointless or wrong in there eyes.Im a single guy that works with women all day that bicker behind each others backs and tend to swing about talking about any little thing they can think up about me as well.I honestly,really try so hard just to keep myself busy or keep my own space but its always invaded.Im looking for any advice.I don't have a car so I cant escape somewhere or anywhere to be honest and my old friends are bad influences.I want a good life.Anti depressants don't seem to work any more and believe me,Iv probably been on all them (anti depressants ) already.Iv honestly just run out of ideas on what to do next to try help myself in any possible manner.Iv seen psychologists and psychiatrists.All they seem to want to do is nail you with drugs to ignore problems but I myself do not wish to go that route,plus an added bonus I have psoriasis,a skin disease that cannot be cured but can be controlled with the right meds.Again,I don't have the funds in order to help myself with that neither.Im constantly looking for jobs.Just so I can get on my own feet.I am just trying to get advice to help myself.Im mentally exhausted because people tend to load off on me as well.I have also sat my family down trying to explain, but they only compare there problems instead of trying to resolving them.Im really tired of it all.
rust88

Postby misi » Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm

If there are meetups around you, maybe you could join a group and meet new people. Try saving money so you can travel. There will always be something to do. Just don't give up. I've been there.
misi

Postby anant » Sat May 25, 2013 9:10 pm

You seem to be stuck. How about you start saving money bit by bit. Then you try and finish that I.T. course that u are talking about. On your days off from work do social work around your neighborhood, this will help you make new friends. Remember life is tough but not impossible. Do not listen to other people or what they say about you. There is a whole world of opportunities out there. Save up money and don"t spend too much. Learn to enjoy life without spending too much money. If you are good at sports you might be able to get a job at a local school as their gym teacher. Do small jobs like mowing your neighbors gardens or wash their cars or walk their dogs for money however little it maybe save it. Eat healthy like fruits and vegetables they often cost less than chips and soda pops. Save money to get a house a car etc. Keep working at it. Do not do drugs or take antidepressants. When you do feel depressed start thinking about people who don't have what you do. Think about all the people that will be able to help you. Maybe a cousin who isnt as bad as the others. Maybe you could get a part time job also. You dont need a car a bicycle is healthier for u. Remember save money for that I.T. course. i pray and hope for a brighter future for u. Dont give up.
anant

Return to Lung Cancer