Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I BOUGHT MILK THISTLE SEEDS I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY TEASPOONS I USE PER CUP AND IS THERE ANY BAD SIDE EFFEC?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

I BOUGHT MILK THISTLE SEEDS I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY TEASPOONS I USE PER CUP AND IS THERE ANY BAD SIDE EFFEC?

Postby šlfur » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:58 am

HELLO IM TRYING TO GET GOOD LIVER SUPPORT I BOUGHT SOME MILK THISTLE SEEDS IM UNSURE ON HOW TO USE IT AND HOW MANY TEASPOONS I NEED PER CUP AND HOW MUCH MILK THISTLE IS SAFE I DONT WANT TO HARM MYESLF TRYING THIS OUT SO IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE IT ALSO ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MILK THISTLE THANK YOU
šlfur

Postby winfrith49 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 am

HELLO IM TRYING TO GET GOOD LIVER SUPPORT I BOUGHT SOME MILK THISTLE SEEDS IM UNSURE ON HOW TO USE IT AND HOW MANY TEASPOONS I NEED PER CUP AND HOW MUCH MILK THISTLE IS SAFE I DONT WANT TO HARM MYESLF TRYING THIS OUT SO IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE IT ALSO ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MILK THISTLE THANK YOU
Milk Thistle has been subjected to numerous studies but there is no good evidence that it is of any benefit at all. It certainly has failed to live up to its claims of providing liver support, cleansing, etc.

As far as risks, side effects, etc, from: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/milkthistle/ataglance.htm

Side Effects and Cautions
In clinical trials, milk thistle appears to be well tolerated in recommended doses. Occasionally, people report various gastrointestinal side effects.

Milk thistle can produce allergic reactions, which tend to be more common among people who are allergic to plants in the same family (for example, ragweed, chrysanthemum, marigold, and daisy).
Milk thistle may lower blood sugar levels. People with diabetes or hypoglycemia, or people taking drugs or supplements that affect blood sugar levels, should use caution.

Tell all your health care providers about any complementary health practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.
winfrith49

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials