Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Am Worried I Have Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby kolli » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm

This is mainly about the worry for having pancreatic cancer but I will try fill you in on everything thats gone on for the past few years. I will eentually get to the symptoms and why i suspect pancreatic cancer,

For two and a half years now I've been struggling with my health, in summer 2010 I was tested for glandular fever and it was eventually confirmed.

In October 2010 I got a doxycycline stuck and ended up in hospital with esophagitis, gastritis, gastric and esophageal reflux as my lining had eroded. That took about 8 months to heal.

Then in September 2011 two weeks into my college course I began with the symptoms of thyroid but it took 3 months for them to find out it was actualy that. Before that they were telling me it was in my head and sent me to a mental health clinic! Eventually they found out it was thyroid and I am now on tablets for that.

Since then I have had my oesophageal reflux come back and was on antibiotics for pleurisy.

As I am on tablets for thyroid and my oesophagus, I should be healthy now but I am still suffering with so many symptoms and it's ruining my life.

My symptoms are:

*Nausea every day

*Vomiting

*Loss of appetite

*Weight loss

*Cant eat food without feeling sick of sometimes throwing it back up

*Food gets stuck

*Dull ache sometimes sharp pain in stomach/abdomen that spreads to my back, the pain in my stomach and or back is so painful that it wakes me up. The pain is worse when I lay down but comes and goes through the day

*swollen lymph nodes

*dizziness

*headaches

*sleepy

*sharp rib pain

*difficulty breathing

I am 17 I have felt so I'll for so long now & its ruinin my life, I just want to be taken seriously. I have finally been referred to a gastroenterologist. But I just want to know what anyone has to say about all my symptoms and why I've felt them for about 6 months now and why they're constantly getting worse. I keep going to the doctors but they hardy do anything I am so frustrated... Please help!
kolli

Postby Paz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:20 pm

I think you are far too young for pancreatic cancer, and I don't think that has so many symptoms.
That's the problem, and that's why it's often not caught early enough.

You seem to have some kind of digestive problem, so it's good you're going to a gastroenterologist.
Just be careful; I think you are thinking too much about your body and every little twinge, and that is not helping you.
I'm taking you seriously, but I saw this same thing happen with my sister, who did actually have some physical ailments, like ulcerative colitis that resulted in having her colon removed, but she also tended to concentrate on every single pain and ache and ended up on way too much medication and became completely non-functional.
As I say, just be careful.
Paz

Postby Wing » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:24 pm

My friend, begin taking a good quality apple cider vinegar (like Bragg's). A couple tbsp per day in water. Look on line yourself; it has cured many people from gastro-intestinal disorders. If you are eating a diet high in animal products, fried, processed foods and a lot of sweets, then yes, you are increasing your risk for many kinds of cancer because those foods cause acidity in your body which is likely causing your condition. The apple cider vinegar will buffer the acidity and help. The underlying problem needs to be treated and that is the foods you are consuming. I highly recommend you consider a plant- based diet and limit yourself to rich foods like meats, dairies, eggs and greedy foods for special occasions. Google Dr . John McDougall, Doug Lisle, veg source for further information. May you find health as you Properly nourish your body.
Wing

Postby rawls » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 pm

As some one living with a diagnosed terminal illness, let me ask you a question, "How will worrying help you in any way?"

When you are diagnosed with a terminal disease, you quickly realize that your only option is to live each day and each moment that you have left with awareness in gratitude for each day and moment you have left.
Worrying about what is happening to you is pointless and will actually do more harm than good.

As I have now out lived the diagnoses by more than five years, without doing the ridiculous things my physicians thought and still think are necessary (like poisoning myself with chemo therapy, like radiating my body, without taking the list of drugs and medications they think are necessary and all of which have side effects that are worse than what they are supposed to address, etc.), one quickly learns that it is how you choose to live and your outlook that create the life you have and that you live.
Doctors are often wrong, especially Western doctors.

My advice is to begin to live your life in such a manner as to make the same of benefit to all others and all else that exist demonstrated by loving kindness, compassion and caring for all in mindful awareness rather than thinking only of yourself and living you fears, which really isn't living at all.

You also need to realize that the very general "symptoms" you've listed fit almost everything from nervous stomach and anxiety to pregnancy and about ten thousand other ailments....
YOu are taking it all much too seriously.

Thanks for the laugh.

namaste
rawls

Postby Lindael » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:54 pm

The average age for people with a pancreatic cancer diagnosis is 72 to 73.

It is extremely rare under age 45.
Unheard of at age 17.

All of your symptoms are non-specific

and could be found with many benign disorders.

Your chance of having pancreatic cancer is very small.

Hopefully your gastroenterologist will sort this out.

But do not worry about any type of cancer in your GI tract at your age.

None of us can make a diagnosis over the internet.

You will need a complete medical history and careful physical examination.

We cannot do that - and should not try to do that - by computer.
Lindael

Return to Pancreatic Cancer