Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I am scared scared scared, do I have cervical cancer? please help me?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby arvon39 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:24 am

I feel like I am going to vomit I am so scared. I read the symptoms and realized that I have once, or currently obtain all symptoms. (there were only like 4)

I bleed in-between periods, more like spotting, and it is 99% of the time brown and around 20-23 days before my period starts. Does not happen every month in-between periods, only started happening maybe the past 4 months and happened 2 times?

Just before I start my period I bleed brown (seems like flushing of old stuff) and then it transitions into fresh blood. This has gone on for years and years.

I am 23 years old

I spotted right after having vaginal sex 1 time (bout 5 months ago, round the time I started spotting brown in between periods around ovulation time)

Regular sex does not hurt, quite nice. doggy, regular, spooning positions are fine, it's the weirder ones that end up prodding my side that hurts. Never was always like this, he is not well endowed or anything. This did not start happening until me and him had sex in a hot tub about 3 years ago and he ended up pushing water or pushing his thing in too hard and hurt/gave me cramps. He notices that when I hurt during sex, he prodded my cervix or something.

Please tell me I am worrying over nothing, I just, it is like putting 2 + 2 together cause I have had all those symptoms at one time or another and it scares me that they all tie to a deadly cancer. I will get it looked at, but I would really appreciate some answers from people with more practicality than me, have you ever experienced all these symptoms before?
arvon39

Postby burdon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:27 am

I feel like I am going to vomit I am so scared. I read the symptoms and realized that I have once, or currently obtain all symptoms. (there were only like 4)

I bleed in-between periods, more like spotting, and it is 99% of the time brown and around 20-23 days before my period starts. Does not happen every month in-between periods, only started happening maybe the past 4 months and happened 2 times?

Just before I start my period I bleed brown (seems like flushing of old stuff) and then it transitions into fresh blood. This has gone on for years and years.

I am 23 years old

I spotted right after having vaginal sex 1 time (bout 5 months ago, round the time I started spotting brown in between periods around ovulation time)

Regular sex does not hurt, quite nice. doggy, regular, spooning positions are fine, it's the weirder ones that end up prodding my side that hurts. Never was always like this, he is not well endowed or anything. This did not start happening until me and him had sex in a hot tub about 3 years ago and he ended up pushing water or pushing his thing in too hard and hurt/gave me cramps. He notices that when I hurt during sex, he prodded my cervix or something.

Please tell me I am worrying over nothing, I just, it is like putting 2 + 2 together cause I have had all those symptoms at one time or another and it scares me that they all tie to a deadly cancer. I will get it looked at, but I would really appreciate some answers from people with more practicality than me, have you ever experienced all these symptoms before?
Cervical cancer is rare in your age group, rare not impossible.

The symptoms you are stating could be anything.

When was your last Pap test? What did your Pap report? Did it show severe abnormal cell changes?
Cervical cancer is usually advanced when you are experiencing the symptoms you stated. It generally takes several years of abnormal cell changes to progress to cancer. Most cervical cancers can be prevented with routine pap tests. Pap tests allow our doctor to monitor our cervix recommend treatment of cell changes if they progress preventing most cervical cancers.

Talk with your doctor about what is going regarding your symptoms. Have routine Pap testing to monitor your cervix for cell changes.
burdon

Return to Cervical Cancer