Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I am fourteen and i have this hard lump in my breast and it is really painfull, could i have breast cancer?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

I am fourteen and i have this hard lump in my breast and it is really painfull, could i have breast cancer?

Postby ahanu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:33 am

it started a couple of days ago just around my nipple and it really hurts. the skin has gone red too. i havent seen a docter yet but i am really worried.
ahanu

Postby kestejoo » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 am

miss the chances r very high please concern a doc immideatly.
kestejoo

Postby amyas » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:54 am

its probably just a cyst that needs to be drained. but to be safe go to a doctor. i doubt u have cancer. you would be very sick. my mom had a lump too and its just a cyst and she got it drained out.
amyas

Postby gara » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:56 am

its probably just a cyst that needs to be drained. but to be safe go to a doctor. i doubt u have cancer. you would be very sick. my mom had a lump too and its just a cyst and she got it drained out.
It isn't cancer. You are 14.

BTW breast cancer doesn't hurt.
gara

Postby caillen » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 am

It sounds allot like "Thelarchia" or "breast buds"--a normal part of breast development and puberty.
READ MORE:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breast_bud
caillen

Postby danon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:20 am

My girlfriend had that and she showed it to me and said what is that and I said it was a spider bite or a Roach bite
danon

Postby fogarty » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 am

If a 14 year old had breast cancer her case would make news all over the world. The chances are statistically zero.

Even in women old enough for breast cancer, most breast lumps aren't cancer; at your age any changes in your breasts are almost certainly normal hormonal activity.

Pain is very rarely a breast cancer symptom - most people diagnosed with breast cancer have felt no pain at all. And there is no redness and nothing to see.

Talk to your mother so that she can reassure you and decide whether you need to see a doctor. But stop worrying about breast cancer.

I was classed as a 'younger woman' when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, because I was only 50 - which is quite young for breast cancer.
fogarty

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer