Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Husband Has Been Missing A Couple Of Days Its All My Fault Isn't It?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Kentaro » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Well about six months ago hubby was diagnosed and had surgery for pancreatic cancer well he has been recovering and he has been distant and depressed and about 4 months ago i gave birth to our first child a baby boy. Well my husband has been doing extremely well to the point he is back at work and the other night he went to go get some stuff from the store for me and he never showed back up and so now i am so scared and my family and his and the community and the cops all have been looking for him but no one will let me go look for him and i do not understand why the hell not! I don't know what to do! I feel like if he is alright that i might hurt him! What can i do? I feel so useless! Advice?
Kentaro

Postby Luther » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:56 pm

It isn't your fault at all and you should feel no more useless than I do here giving you an answer.
I suspect that they do not want you to be looking for him because they are not sure what they are going to find.
He may have been telling you that he was feeling better and went back to work but I know from the loss of a very special friend some time ago that the life expectancy of a person with pancreatic cancer is, the last I heard, a year or less.
The fact that he is gone may be his final gift of love for you, to not let you be there when the cancer takes his life.
All you can do is to pray if you are a praying person.
I expect that they will find him soon In the mean time, I thought about giving you this site and almost didn't but it may help you understand what he is going through or has gone through with his cancer and I hope and pray that it may help you.
Luther

Postby slaton » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm

you're saying which you "would harm him" perhaps that is why no one enable you to circulate seek for him, and the clarification why he's staying away. If the police are seeking him there is not any longer lots greater you're able to do different than wait, desire he turns up quickly and you do no longer "harm" him.
slaton

Postby Daly » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Was he enthusiastic about your having a child? If not, he might feel that having a father with "one foot in the grave" was not good, and that you and your son might be better off without him.
This form of male post-partum depression is known among cancer survivors.

As to what you can do, contact some local news shows and see if they'd be willing to do either a story or a live TV spot where you can plead for him to come home. It is also possible that somebody watching might know something.

Also, make up a website and post his picture on the Internet.
You're bound to get a lot of tips that way.
Daly

Postby Mordecai » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:03 pm

where would you look?? he probably just wanted to get some time alone . he dosent want to be found. ill bet he shows back up shortly.
i know i have been there. life can throw you som bad curves at times.
Mordecai

Postby Aldwine » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Don't blame yourself.
Both you and your husband have been dealing with EXTREME stressors (e.g. new baby, cancer, surgery, depression, etc.).

You've taken the right steps in trying to find your husband.
The best you can do right now is to keep looking for him and to take care of yourself and your new baby.
My thoughts are with you.
Aldwine

Postby Maximino » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Wow julie that is crazy if my husband and sons father that i been with for 7years went missing i would be afraid something bad happpened but you have to ask yourself has he done this dissapearing act before or is this the first time this ever happened i would worry and then if god willing he shows back up which im sure he will because he loves you and most of all loves his son you have to leave him because he disapeared and he shouldnt have ran away from his life and his kid but just dont get so mad yet what if he is really hurt god for bid i hope he shows up and if not start praying to god thats all you can do and **** what they say go look for him dont tell them you are just do it your grown i would be out there looking no mater what anybody said go look and dont stop dont give up make sure he is ok good luck ill pray for you xoxo
Maximino

Postby Garbhach » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 pm

How is it your fault?

You have to stay look after your son and answer the phone, what if he showed up and you weren't there? Stay put. Let the professionals do their job.

Yes I can understand that if he just went walkabout you would feel like strangling him, for putting you through all this worry. Very normal.

I hope this ends well for you all.
Garbhach

Return to Pancreatic Cancer