Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How to reduce full body swelling and unwanted tan?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby braoin » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:17 am

I went to the beach yesterday, and though it was fun (CA beaches tend to have water that is completely cold and salty), I woke up this morning with back pain from all the waves having hit me primarily on my back and neck, and also woke up with an entirely swollen body from water retention.
Not only that, but I also woke up with an uneven tan, which isn't pretty since I already have naturally tanned/beige skinned and tanning it has left my skin with abnormally dark areas around my mouth, forehead, and shoulders.
Meanwhile, my jeans don't want to fit, my shoes are too small for my abnormally large toes, and my cheeks have suffered the most from this unparalleled disorder, making me look as if I have gained a total of 6 pounds ONLY on my face (and I wish I were exaggerating, but this may even be an understatement). My shirts don't want to fit either, and my eyelids and under eye bags have been completely puffed up all day, as if I had been crying.

Can someone please help me? My body is HEAVY. I've been drinking water to lower the swelling/full-body water retention, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
braoin

Postby doherty » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:20 am

Take some ginger for the swelling. It has anti-inflammatory properties. So do pineapples. Drink a LOT of water too. You may be dehydrated, which can cause swelling. Fresh fruit and water all day baby!

I had some weird skin sun-related issues at the beach once and I hopped in the shower with 2 or 3 tomatoes and squished them and rubbed them all over my body (face included). Tomatoes have lycopene which heals sun damage and can protect against skin cancer. Try this on your face. Doing this made my skin go back to normal and it felt REALLY soft! (BONUS!)

I hope these ideas work!
doherty

Postby dion13 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:21 am

I say just exfoliate and the colors will come off but I don't know anything that will get rid of it right away. sorry:/ but for the rest im not really sure, I have swelling but its a medical problem I take meds for so im not sure. sorry again
dion13

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer