Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How to prevent losing my hearing aid receiver in my ear canal?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

How to prevent losing my hearing aid receiver in my ear canal?

Postby jannes31 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:47 am

I wear a hearing aid in my right ear. I have chronic middle ear disease so I have to wear an open canal receiver instead of a fitted one (or I will get an ear infection), but it keeps falling off into my ear canal. Every time it happens it has to be fished out by a doctor (and sometimes it can take up to a week to get an appointment and I have a surgical ear so I can't go to the emergency room because they could risk messing my ear up somehow ). It's really important for me to keep my ear clean and not to have objects inside of it because of my disease or I could end up with an ear infection (which could lead to something worse such as a tumor or a brain infection). Is there any way to prevent this? Are there any hearing aids for conductive hearing loss that have some sort of attached receiver (or something else that would prevent the receiver from coming off)?
jannes31

Return to Brain Tumors