Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How to make underarms fairer..?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby lee21 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:24 am

How to make the darker underarms fairer?
lee21

Postby konstanz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 am

Just make sure you exfoliate using a wash cloth,, and bath & body wash. Avoid using products containing TITANIUM. There's no easy fix for skin discolorations.

RE SKIN LIGHTENING:
The FDA have banned 23 more whitening products. Google it. About 17,600,000 results.
The reason cited for the proposed ban is that studies in rodents show "some evidence" that hydroquinone may act as a carcinogen or cancer-causing chemical, although its cancer-causing properties have yet to be proved in humans. Hydroquinone also has been linked with the medical condition known as ochronosis in which the skin becomes dark and thick. Dome-shaped yellowish spots and grayish-brown spots also are observed in ochronosis among black women and men in South Africa, Britain, and the U.S. Ochronosis has been observed in conjunction with hydroquinone use even in persons who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics for a short time. Some studies also report abnormal function of the adrenal glands and high levels of mercury in people who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics. For these reasons, hydroquinone has already been banned in Japan, the European Union, and Australia. Including BB creams.

Any skin-lightening products containing hydroquinone would be considered new drugs, according to the proposed FDA regulations. The products would require FDA approval before being sold to the public and would only be available with a doctor's prescription.
Skin Creams, Soaps and Lotions Marketed as Skin Lighteners and Anti-aging Treatments: May Contain the Toxic Metal, Mercury.
konstanz

Postby haviv » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 am

I am not sure why people are suggesting waxing. If you read up on it, it does the same thing to your skin and can cause abrasions which make your underarms darker as well. The only difference is it take a little longer to grow back. What I know for a fact is shaving less frequently helps, although annoying because I can't wear whatever tops I want, I only shave once a week. I used bleaching cream once, it started peeling and I got excited but then it got extremely sensitive, painful and when my skin started growing back it grew back darker! So upsetting, it took a few months but it got lighter but is still as dark as it previously was. All you can do it either see a dermatologist and see if they can recommend maybe a chemical peel to peel the dead skin, maybe some special bleaching cream ( I used regular bleaching cream for hyper pigmentation I get on my face), or laser hair removal. Good luuuuck. I know it's annoying!
haviv

Postby lancelin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 am

I used to have really dark underarms and I fixed them.

First step - Get your underarm hair waxed instead of shaving. You can shave but mainly wax them.

Two - Exfoliate. Use this soap, I think you can buy it cheaper on Ebay not sure. Make the underarm area wet, rub this soap on and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes daily. Your skin might start "peeling" it self. And when it does, just gently rub with a loofah or a towel.

http://www.amazon.com/Kojie-San-Skin-Lightening-Soap/dp/B005R3IPJI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361256945&sr=8-4&keywords=kojic+acid+soap
lancelin

Postby nario25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 am

I tell you how you can achieve smooth/fair underarms. Go through given story
nario25

Postby coburn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 am

First you have to exfoliate the dead skin cells on the surface, then bleach it after. A very good product is Tonichi underarm whitening set. It lightened my underarms fast and really well.
coburn

Postby eideard » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:03 am

http://pinterest.com/pin/110478997081150216/

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!!!
eideard

Postby rhys » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 am

Get laser hair removal or permanent hair removal because after u shave there are still bits of the hair inside the small pore and so yea hopes i helped ya
rhys

Postby ranell38 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:14 am

Try Nivea Whiteness
ranell38

Postby ruadhagan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:21 am

use Nivea whitening deodorant
ruadhagan

Next

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer