Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How To Get A Tan Naturaly Without Burning?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby dilon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:11 pm

SELF-TANNERS: "I've had many patients who think these products somehow offer UV protection or that they give them a 'base tan' so they won't burn," says Dr. Hale, a NYC M.D., dermatologist and vice chair of the Skin Cancer Foundation. "'If I have skin cancer, you'll just remove it, and I'll be OK'. But the color that self-tanners create on your skin is completely artificial. But a lot of young women use these products so they don't look pale when they go to the beach to tan." 86% of women surveyed who use self-tanners reported they'd also baked in the sun, and 36% admitted they'd also used tanning beds (a leading cause of melanoma!) at least once in the past year. Australian study confirms that sunless tanning likely did not reduce the amount of UV exposure women get.

~ Glamour May 2012

Spray-tan fans beware! Christina Aguilera discovered an unfortunate side effect to her faux-glow when her tan reportedly ran down her leg during her tribute at Etta James's memorial service, People magazine Red Carpet Style issue page 10.

Example 1 from YA: "Spray tan won't come off after 3 weeks! Help!?

I got a spray tan about 3 weeks ago for a formal and it won't come off!

I get a body shower every day and the spray tan around my arms and neck have come off but my chest and legs and stomach are so patchy! Even if I scrub at it with an exfoliation cloth, it will not come off. It's so ugly".

Example 2: "Bad spray tan..can I try to cover it up by going to a high pressure tanning bed?

I used loreal spray tan on myself last night and now my arms are uneven..pale in some spots and dark in others".

Example 3: I just got a spray tan at L. A. Tan (1st time) and when I got home I noticed that my chest area had dark colored dots from the spray tan and it looks really bad with low cut shirts. It's half white and half brown! Is there anything I can do to help blend the color in like lotions or even remove the tan? I don't want to go to school looking like a lady bug!

Example 4: "About a week ago i got a sun burn on my chest and shoulders from playing sports outside. The burn wasnt too bad but yesterday i went and got a spray tan to even out all the lines for summer. I woke up this morning and my chest and shoulders were peeling from the previous burn. there are now about 3 different skin tones/shades on these areas."

Young & the Restless - today which was Summer's Graduation Day, her mom Phyllis Newman - had a self tanner. Her fingers were pale, the rest of her body had spray tan. Even on soap TV, they have bloopers on fake tan products!

If you're pale, you don't tan, you BURN. Sorry, I'm being honest.

Tanning comes & go, unless you do them everyday 24/7 for the rest of your life. But in the end the only thing you'll benefit is either moles, freckles, skin tags or discolorations from sunscreens, lotions, etc. and the more you do, the more they get larger, darker & bumpier. My nephew had a membership in a tanning bed salon for a year. After it expired, he stopped, now he's as white as before he began.

Tanning, is a result for 'damaged skin' and no products can reverse you from skin cancer or damaged skin, may prevent you from pre-mature aging, but that's part of the billion dollar beauty industry.

Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin disease. An estimated 76,690 new cases of skin cancer will be reported particularly among women in their 20's & 30's, and that's 6,020 more than 2011, people died from the disease, according to the National Cancer Institute. Two million people are diagnosed with skin cancer in the US each year, according to the EPA's Sun-Wise Program. That's more than breast, colon, lung and prostate cancer cases combine! Now however, a recently published study suggests that those people with ginger hair and fair complexions face a much higher risk of developing dead skin cancer even if they are completely protected.

Nov 2nd, 2012.

Watch Mirror, Mirror when the evil queen played by Julia Roberts wanted to look as fair as the princess played by Lily Collins. I came from a vacay in Ireland, and many of the people there working in the profession (luxury hotels and banks, etc.) have beautiful white complexion!

I've been protecting myself from the sun since age 9, but no matter, I got Discoid Lupus. Google that one. It was like someone punched my chin and it gave a purplish mark. It took 12 years for that to fade, so now I'm using a wide brim hat or umbrella for protection. Gene Simmons & Shannon both have been seen hold an umbrella during an event. They were invented before beauty products, for a reason. Google also Bullous Pemphegoid, photos I posted of my mother was too gross & deleted, another skin disorder.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.
dilon

Postby Sinnoch » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm

A sun cream called P20 blocks out the cancer causing UV rays whilst allowing you to tan. Definitely a must have for summer, I would give it 10/10.
Sinnoch

Postby taggart » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I am super tan, I use sunscreen and then just lie in the sun ( or nap) for 30 mins to an hour)

I go swimming a lot, and I wasn't even trying to get a tan

so just be in the sun, but wear sunscreen so there is no damage done to ur skin

I tan SUPER easy so I wear sunscreen to avoid sunburns, but end up super tan anyways

good luck
taggart

Postby Roche » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Just wear lots of suncream, that helps you tan without burning x
Roche

Postby Whitney » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Just to let you know fake tan isn't good for your skin and could lead to skin cancer however a natural tan by the sun can as well so use sun screen/sun block (you can it it anywhere) doesn't stop you from getting a tan and by using sun block it can care and look after the skin while getting a tan. So just sunbathe relax and listen to music and enjoy the sun!;) Good Luck and i hope this helped you!
Whitney

Postby Jordy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:40 pm

on the first day, apply lots of high factor sun cream ( the factor is only a multiple of how long you can stay in the sun without burning) and stay out for only a half hour at a time. avoid the sun when it is at its peak, e.g. around midday to 2-3 pm. keep reapplying when you think you might burn, i.e. if you normally burn in twenty minutes, then factor 20 means you can stay out for 400 minutes...but reapply whenever you swim/dress and ideally every half hour to an hour. on the second day, reduce the amount of sun tan lotion, but follow the same routine. on the third, reduce it more etc etc but never reduce it to nithing! better be safe than sorry hope this helps a bit :)
Jordy

Postby eadwyn58 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:47 pm

apply sun-cream
eadwyn58

Return to Prostate Cancer