Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Experimental Cancer Patient Wants Others to Benefit

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How to clear up my skin?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

How to clear up my skin?

Postby claudius » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 am

I am 16, Male, and my skin is really spotty/oily. I use all different kinds of face-wash but my skin had hundres of blackheads and loads of spots. I just want smooth skin. Are there any tips you can give me to clear out my pores and make my skin nice? I'd really appreciate it, thank-you.
claudius

How to clear up my skin?

Postby gace20 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:29 am

Regardless of sex, melanin content, age, gender, weather, mood, time, or location of acne breakouts, the treatment protocol for acne is the same.

A combination of factors including propionibacterium acnes, sebum, and irregular shedding of dead skin cells contribute to the onset of acne lesions. Bacteria feed off sebum, which produce inflammatory by-products. Sebum and dead skin cells stick together and form clogs.

When it comes to selecting your cosmetic or skin care products, you should base your selection primarily on your SKIN TYPE. There are 16 different skin types! If you are unsure of your complete skin type, then take the questionnaire developed by world-renown clinical researcher, board-certified dermatologist, and author of the book, “The Skin Type Solution”, Dr. Leslie Baumann. Register first then take the quiz. Afterward, visit the specified forum that is tailored to your unique Baumann skin type for product recommendations and discussions about your skin concerns, in particular, acne.

In order to TREAT and CONTROL acne, you will need well-designed routine:

1) A well-formulated water-soluble cleanser to remove oil, dirt, dead skin cells, and makeup.
2) A well-formulated, pH-adjusted, beta-hydroxy acid exfoliant with salicylic acid in 1-2% concentration to reduce inflammation, kill bacteria, and exfoliate on top of skin and within the pore lining to unclog any plug. If you are allergic to salicylic acid (or aspirin), then your alternative can be an alpha-hydroxy acid such as glycolic acid or mandelic acid.
3) A well-formulated benzoyl peroxide medication in 2.5-10% concentration to kill acne bacteria. The lower the concentration the lower the risk of side effects including dryness, peeling, redness, stinging, etc.
4) A well-formulated, matte-finish, and lightweight sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater to protect your skin from UV-inflammation, which can exacerbate acne, as well as prevent skin cancer. It is imperative to reapply after swimming, excessive perspiration, or every 2 hours for optimal photoprotection, especially in the sun.

NOTE: a well-formulated product usually contains low fragrance or is free of fragrance and dyes.

Results can take up to a few weeks to 1-2 months with diligence, compliance, and patience. If this conservative routine is ineffective, then you should consult with a board-certified dermatologist for a topical prescription and/or in-office light/laser therapies. The last resort for acne is isotretinoin (formerly known as Accutane).
gace20

How to clear up my skin?

Postby leod » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:35 am

Hi there!
The first thing I would suggest is to go to your dermatologist. They know their stuff and can prescribe creams or pills that will help.
If you don't want to do at, go to the drug store or where ever and find a face wash with salisilic acid init. This is used for acne as it makes the skin shed new cells faster. Then find a cream with benzoyl peroxide in it. This works to clean out pors. This is my secret, benzoyl peroxide works likes dream for me! Use an expholient up to three times a week, a good one that has salisilic acid in it is st. Johns apricot scrub for acne.
Most importantly, to be healthy on the outside you have to be healthy on the inside. Drink as much water as possible!!!! Water flushed unwanted toxins out of your body and will help lean out pors. You also want to limit toxins in your body so eat lots of fruits and veggies! Green tea is great too! Itry and drink at least one cup a day! Try and find out if some foods make you breakout. For some people, milk products make people breakout so try and limit the amount of dairy you eat. Massages will help you relax and drain toxins from the body, they also increas blood circulation which will help get rid of acne. Try getting massages about 1 to 2 times a month. They are amazing! Getting proper amount of sleep is sooooo important!!! It keeps the body regular and limits stress. Make sure you get at least eight hours a night. Good exercise is also Important too as it increases blood circulation, just make sure you wash of the sweat after your done.
Keep working on it! Acne doesn't last forever!
I hope this helped! :)
leod

How to clear up my skin?

Postby archibaldo19 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 am

In less than one week this SAFE, natural, minimal cost cure permanently rid my face of black and white heads and it also greatly reduced and got rid of clogged pores and gave me a totally clear and healthy skin (See comments of 3 happy users on Answers below ##)

Specialized quite firm and vigorous massage using a pure natural oil works wonders. Certain oils actually LESSEN skin's oil production (confirm with a Google).They are also noncomedogenic so do not clog or cause breakouts. Extra virgin olive, coconut and almond oils are excellent.
So as not to pull/stretch skin, first tighten by opening mouth 3/4" and pulling lips firmly back against teeth (tightens most of face). For quickest results do each day for 15 or more minutes (Doesn't have to be all in one session). Do a fast forward and back massage with tips and front of fingers and, where you can, front of entire hand. Circular massage will not work. See results in as little as 2 to 4 days.depending on how long/how vigorously you are able to do it.

## Hannah**Pauley
.Message: "Hi. you told me that massaging my face with oil would get rid of my blackheads. It got rid of every last one of them in a few days". Thanks.'

## : wannabeblue28
"Omg, I've been following your advice and massaging my face vigorously with oil for the last three days and I see results already! Thank you ever so much..this could be the solution to all my skin problems. I'd messaged earlier asking about the pores on my face. They're very large and EVERYWHERE. I have a massive event coming up in a month. Could I do it twice daily to speed up the process? "

## dialP (5 out of 5 Best Answer)
"Although I was skeptical, I massaged the olive oil into my skin last night. When i got up this morning the bumps on my forehead were almost completely smoothed out! My blackheads and pores looked smaller and my face was softer than it's ever been! I have some more questions. i'll email you? Thanks!!
And see my other my other answers for more testimonials.

SOURCE(S): Many years Researcher/Skin Consultant - safe, natural treatments/cures - skin conditions skin enhancement and anti aging rejuvenation treatments.
archibaldo19

How to clear up my skin?

Postby treffen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am

I would recommend drinking a lot of organic green tea. Green tea is filled with lots of antioxidants that help to stop breakouts and keep skin clean. It's best bought in crushed tea leaves; if you buy a can/bottle of it or a tea bag or powder you're losing the precious antioxidants that you're looking for.

Also, make sure you look around and find a face wash that appears to help, even a little. If it looks like it's helping, use it regularly. You're not going to see a difference the first time you use it, more often than not.

I hope this was of some use to you!
treffen

How to clear up my skin?

Postby lindleigh » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:48 am

hey have you ever tried steaming your face? it opens up the pores and clears the impurities from underneath the skin by bringing them to the surface. I find drinking at least 5 glasses of water a day and having a portion of fruit & veg at least once a day too will help! You can even get a prescription from the doctors to help clear your skin, you can get creams & tablets so which ever is preferred really or both if you want! I find when i'm stressed out i tend to break out too so try to keep stress at a minimum. Hope this helps :-)
lindleigh

How to clear up my skin?

Postby ely » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:51 am

I have tried just about everything and most things break me out worse,
but five days ago I started doing these steps.
1. Wash my face with Olay "Sensitive" foaming face wash.
Foaming face wash is gentler on skin because it does not irritate it.
2. after I wash my face with that, i pat my skin dry and apply l'oreal hydrafresh toner with
a cotton ball all over my face and neck.
3. Allow that to air-dry then apply either, Night-time firming cream or moisturizing beauty lotion,
depending on the time you wash it.

I either do this in the morning or at night before bed.
On the directions for the face wash it says use it 3x a day but
my face was totally cleared up after washing it like I said 1 time a day
for five days.
ely

How to clear up my skin?

Postby faulkner » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 am

I have tried just about everything and most things break me out worse,
but five days ago I started doing these steps.
1. Wash my face with Olay "Sensitive" foaming face wash.
Foaming face wash is gentler on skin because it does not irritate it.
2. after I wash my face with that, i pat my skin dry and apply l'oreal hydrafresh toner with
a cotton ball all over my face and neck.
3. Allow that to air-dry then apply either, Night-time firming cream or moisturizing beauty lotion,
depending on the time you wash it.

I either do this in the morning or at night before bed.
On the directions for the face wash it says use it 3x a day but
my face was totally cleared up after washing it like I said 1 time a day
for five days.
Try Neoutogena Rapid Fast pads. They are avalible at drug stores. They work so well!
faulkner

Return to General Cancer Discussion