Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How to calm myself down from being scared about going to the doctor for stress..?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

How to calm myself down from being scared about going to the doctor for stress..?

Postby jeevan59 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 am

so i haven't had my dizziness and have my head tingle last night, since i was in bed for 14 hours not doing anything. I think it might be stress but I'm not sure because it happens randomly. Im going to sleep away camp In canada in 5 days so I'm a little anxious and stressed out, but i think while I'm there ill be fine. But what if its like actually something wrong with me like a brain tumor or something? what if i can die? should i go to a doctor? But I'm too scared to go to a doctor cuz there gonna want to do blood tests and cut me open. and if they take a x-ray i won't be able to lay still cuz id be too nervous. I'm 15 years old... PLEASE HELP.
jeevan59

Postby ansell74 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:54 am

just relax and think to yourself that the doctor is there to help you. he is NOT there to cut open you or harm you.its all going to be ok. and you dont know if they are going to be doing blood tests. i think you should go to the doctor. better safe than sorry. you will find out that once you go into the doctors office it isnt that scary. movies and tv shows always make the doctor look so scary but really its the total oppisite. just relax
ansell74

Postby paschal » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 am

there are soooooo many reasons why you felt light-headed. i would call my doctor and explain to them what the symptoms are and go from there. i honestly don't think you're going to die.
paschal

Postby zacharias » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:11 am

You are really over reacting. You should go to the doctor, thats always a good idea if you think something is wrong with you. Alot of people get anxious about the doctor, but they are not going to hurt you in any way. Calm down and think about all your fears, and you will realize how irrational they are. Good luck!
zacharias

Return to Brain Tumors