Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Reliable Are The Connexions Between A Healthy Diet And Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Benzion » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:14 pm

There are very, very few proven connections between diet and cancer.

A diet high in red and processed meat is a major risk factor for colorectal cancers. A diet high in meat and fat is thought to possibly increase the risk of pancreatic cancer. A diet high in red and processed meats is thought to possibly increase the risk of stomach cancer (as is a diet high in salt).

A diet high in dairy is thought to be a possible risk factor in prostate cancer, and a diet high in fat may be a risk factor for some other cancers.

All these are risk factors, some of them not even conclusively known risk factors. A risk factor is not a cause.

That really is about it for any known connection between meat and the 200+ diseases that come under the umbrella title of 'cancer'.

A healthy diet is always important, but it won't stop you developing cancer. Cancer affects the healthy and unhealthy alike, and you are correct - nobody knows what causes cancer
Benzion

Postby Isaias » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Ultimatly, what we put in out body is what causes most sicknesses. Non-organic companies use so much hormones and other crap to grow vegetables, fruits, and animals faster in an unhealthy way to speed up the process and make more money. It's sick. Get organic food always!
Isaias

Postby Amnon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't believe that the 2 have anything to do with each other. I think it is a myth. I think that we need to visit the dr and do self exams and stay a s educated as possible. I really hope that they can find a cure someday soon. My father is a cancer survivor and we participate in our Relay For Life. It is an extraordinary fundraising event sponsored by the American Cancer Society. I was so proud watching my father walk in the survivor lap. Words cannot describe it. I found an article that you may be interested in about breast cancer. Take care.
Amnon

Postby Jarron » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 pm

There is always something which is going to bad for you.

Your mom is trying to tell you to eat the right things in order to be healthy. Your mom wants the best for you.
Jarron

Return to Pancreatic Cancer