Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How much harm does hookah cause?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby dion13 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 am

s hookah smoke safe?

i am 18 and i started smoking hookah 3 months back... And do it casually.... Like once in a week..... Or sometimes i dont for 2 -3 weeks... Me and my friends us al fakher flavors ... I did my research before smoking it.... It says its just the vapors that are caused due to the heat of the coal... Besides no tar if formed because nothing is burning... Also the vapors cool down due to the water.... The flavor packaging says that it has 0.05 % nicotine and no tar.... Should i rely on it? I dont smoke anything else like cig's... I would like to continue smoking hookah casually... And not getting addicted... As i am doing now..
Does hookah cause cancer.. If so why? how? As its just the vapors, also our hookah setup is purely plastic no metals are used.... The heating bowl (chillum) is of earthen material (clay) ... Will it harm me or cause cancer... I am really worried .. Please correct me on things i have mentiond if i am wrong... Thanks in advance :)
dion13

Postby caillen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:45 am

any tobacco product causes cancer if smoked by any method.
and drawing smoke of any kind into your lungs guarantees that eventually you willl develop emphesyma
caillen

Postby marleigh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 am

I heard its like 10 x worse than cigerettes, but i dont use it however
marleigh

Return to Cancer Prevention