Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How much does it hurt getting your belly button pierced?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby danforth88 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi,
Im 13 and really want my belly button pierced but I'm so scared about pain! I have had my ears pierced, they have closed up now though, and it didnt hurt for me much but they used a gun thing and did them both at the same time! How does it happen when you have your belly button pierced and how much does it hurt? Btw im so scared of needles i refuse to have injections and didn't even have the cervical cancer vaccination because of it:L i really want this done though but am so scared! My mum said i can have it done but how much does it normally cost in UK, Surrey area?
Thanks.
danforth88

Postby dunlop55 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:54 pm

hi, im 14 and nearly 15 peircings not including my ears. i have my bellybutton done twice, and i did them my self. well to answer your question, it depends hoe they do it, but ether way its pretty much painless, . the process: they should put a clamp on youre elly button witch may or not fell like a pinch if u feeel it, it shouldent hurt, but if thy dont use a clamp it wont hurt either. the actuall peircing part feels like a tiny prick. you wont even feel it go thru youre belly button. the only pinch u will feel would b th very end of the needle going thru the last layer of skin. then depending on what kind of needle they are using , thy might connect the end of the belly button rng to the needle thn slide it in. like i said i did it myself, so i dont know about how thy do it profesionally. look it up on youtube :)
dunlop55

Postby giovany » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:59 pm

it really hurt me and i nearly fainted afterwards so i had to stay sat down for an hour or so, but i'm the biggest wimp you will ever meet. most people i know say it doesn't hurt at all:) hope i helped abit?
giovany

Postby bedyw » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:03 pm

It doesn't hurt much at all :-) the actual piercing is a little painful, but it only lasts around 10 seconds and then it's fine. It remains a little sore for around a day, but after that it is completely fine!
bedyw

Return to Cervical Cancer