Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Long You Live If You Have Pancreate Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Jeannette » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am

Recently my grandpa has gotten cancer and hes 70 years old Hes never had any history with cancer neither any of hes family that is related to him. They informed us that its a pancreate cancer and it has roots so its spreading Now I want to know what we can do to stop it I know what we have to do but I speak another language and I dont know the word in english its a cure that they do that it works on some people and it doesnt on some ( to what i have been told) I wanna know how long can he live having that cancer...
Jeannette

Postby Blayne » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 am

Hi there, i suggest that as somebody had recommended to me before, for 1 new product for cancers problem, mayb these will help to answer ur problem, u may visit the info below. Thanks.
Blayne

Postby Moshe » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 am

Unfortunately, from what I've heard, pancreatic cancer is one of the very worst kind.
It's also very fast growing.
Make sure your grampa knows how much you love him.
Most people are diagnosed at stage 4.
Sadly, that is the final stage.
Moshe

Postby Hale » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 am

It is hard to answer a question like yours because the subject is very painful. Pancreatic cancer is a very fast spreading cancer for which there is no cure. There is no cure for most cancers and don't be fooled by claims that there is one. The people saying that are usually trying to take money from people willing to try anything to stop this terrible disease. There is nothing you or anyone else can do to "stop" pancreatic cancer. The best you can do is listen to his doctor and stay close to your grandpa. Try to be his advocate, helping him communicate his needs with his medical team to keep him as pain free as is possible. That should be the focus right now -keeping the pain tolerable.
The best person to give you an estimate of how long your grandpa has left is his doctor. The posters here are mostly not doctors or medical professionals and we don't try to act like we are. All we can do is try to share with others needing information what we have learned about cancer while researching and studying our own cancers.
Hale

Postby Gerritt » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 am

It's his Dr's job to take care of his treatment.
No one can give you a magic cure for pancreatic cancer or predict how long he will live.
Your job is to spend quality time with him when you can.
I'm sorry to hear about this God Bless.
Gerritt

Postby Erhart » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:47 am

Pancreatic Cancer is known has the silent killer.. For one reason Pancreatic Cancer does not have any signs or symptoms. Once Pancreatic Cancer is diagnose a person has about about 6-8 mothns before a person's life is taking. It all depends how long the tumor has spread. If you need more information check out www.webmd.com.
Erhart

Return to Pancreatic Cancer