Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long will it take for my hair to grow 3 inches?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

Postby kentrell » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm an african american guy 19 years old I stay in shape I play football. I heard that health has a lot to do with having healthy hair and hair growth.

I shaved my head to support the fight against cancer, and don't get me wrong I'm glad I did something for a good cause but it'd just so weird walking past the mirror and seeing something I've never seen. I've allways had long hair, if ut was either an afro, braids or dreads, which I recent had. But the moral of all this rambling is how long wll it take for me to grow my hair 3 inches so I can start twisting my hair again.
kentrell

Postby collan33 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Hair on average grows half an inch per month. So for it to grow three inches, it'll take up to six months.
But don't worry, you can fasten your hair growth with vitamin E supplements, cod liver oil. And when it grows an inch or two:
"Choose products that contain ingredients that are healthy for hair. Ingredients like avocado, coconut, jojoba, and olive are all beneficial when used in moderation. They help retain moisture and oils while minimizing split ends and other hair damage."
collan33

Postby jamieson » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm

The average rate of hair growth is 1/2 an inch a month (6 inches a year), so 6 months to grow 3 inches. Go to your local supermarket or whatever and go to the shampoo section. There you can a find a small (or big) section for black hair care products. You can find stuff there.
jamieson

Postby shen21 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 pm

The rate or speed of hair growth is about 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month, or about 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year.
shen21

Postby vincenzio11 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:25 pm

About half a year or 2/3 or a year. xx
vincenzio11

Postby coburn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:31 pm

6 months
coburn

Return to General Cancer Discussion