Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long will a person live after being diagnosed with metastatic lung and bone cancer?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

How long will a person live after being diagnosed with metastatic lung and bone cancer?

Postby riagan37 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:05 am

Pay not attention to the 'terminators' . . these are people who will try and give a person a timeline to death . . people are not statistics . . they are individuals. No one knows precisely how long a person will live after being diagnosed with metastatic lung or bone cancer. Survival depends on the type of tumor, grade, location of tumors, patient overall health, age, and response to treatment.

There is no real answer to your question . . you will always hear the worse case scenario from the terminators .. what you won't hear is that no one can really predict what will happen .. the patient may just surprise you and survive.
riagan37

Postby aeneas87 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:11 am

not long
aeneas87

Postby richardo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

Unfortunately, I give him weeks. Maybe days depending when it was identified.

All in all, 3 months.
richardo

Postby mokovaoto » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:21 am

My grandmother was diagnosed with bone cancer when she was 60 and it spread to all of her bones, her lungs and kidneys. She turns 80 in 17 days, lives at home, unassisted and doing well.

Do not listen to these people who tell you someone only has days or weeks to live. There is no telling how long someone will live once they are diagnosed.
mokovaoto

Postby athmarr60 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 am

no one can tell u how long for a particualr person, but the average is 2 yrs for a cancer that has spreaded

however, my mom died in about 9 months after diagnosis with bone cancer, my father passed away in 6 months with lung cancer, and i had colon cancer 8 yrs ago
athmarr60

Return to Lung Cancer