Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long should I wait to bleach and dye my hair after a relaxer/perm?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby parthalan76 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 am

I have never bleached my hair before, I have dyed it times before, but the last time I did so was in the Summer, it's Winter now. Other than that my hair isn't in terrible condition, it doesn't fall or break off or anything of the sort.
parthalan76

Postby blackburn » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:58 am

For several years. Your hair is the most fragile of all hair types. They snap & break easily. So you need more TLCs than thin hair. No chemicals. No relaxers specially! No heating styling tools. Finger comb is best or use a wide tooth comb. Do what Oprah & Michelle Obama have been, going natural, using plastic curlers to set their hair. Use oil or conditioner to keep them moisturized. Heat & chemicals are your hair's worst enemies. The relaxers are still in your skin, they also contain formaldehyde causing cancer, and they just don't fade, you need to take foods high in anti-oxidant foods to help you get them out of your system. ANTIOXIDANTS FRUITS: Cranberries, blueberries, and blackberries ranked highest among the fruits studied. Apples ran a close second, and dried fruits were also leading contenders. Peaches, mangos, and melons, while scoring lower than berries, still contain plenty of antioxidants as well as other nutrients. Make a smoothie.

The hair of many black women is very fragile and studies have demonstrated that normal brushing and combing the hair can result in breakage. Brushing your hair 100-times a day is a no-no for your hair. Only comb and brush your hair to style it. Also avoid rubber bands or other implements that can physically cut into and break the hair shaft.
blackburn

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer