Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long it takes for pneumonia or residual pneumonia to clear on chest x-ray picture?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

How long it takes for pneumonia or residual pneumonia to clear on chest x-ray picture?

Postby timeus » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:57 am

I have been diagnosed with pneumonia two months ago. The x-ray showed "Subtle interstitial infiltrate within right middle lobe and/ or lingula cannot be excluded" I was prescribed antibiotics for 12 days. The follow up x-ray after two months of the diagnosis still shows pneumonia or some kind of inflammation/infection. And this time x-ray showed something in an upper right lobe. Can pneumonia move from one lobe to another? Is it residual pneumonia? Is "residual" means "left-overs" of pneumonia or it's a new stage of decease? My Dr. wants me to repeat x-ray in 8 weeks from now. No new meds were prescribed this time. I almost do not have a cough, but still some dry cough in mornings, nights with little mucus; no fever/chills, some fatigue. What else it can be other that pneumonia? Can it be a early stage of cancer? If someone knows or experienced the same condition, PLEASE, reply to me. Thank you so much.
timeus

Return to General Cancer Discussion