Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long for a rectal tumor to get to Stage 4? Last whole yr. dad went to doc w/ multiple symptoms; no exam !!

Discuss Colorectal cancers

How long for a rectal tumor to get to Stage 4? Last whole yr. dad went to doc w/ multiple symptoms; no exam !!

Postby stephanos6 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:38 am

My dad has been seeing his regular doc for past year for persistant diahreah; doc never even did rectal exam; sent to my doc FINALLY who did rectal exam, ordered stool + bloodwork on 1st visit!!! Recently dad diagnosed w/Stage 4 rectal cancer! I am super curious if anyone can give even a rough ESTIMATE of how long it would take for the tumor to grow SO LARGE, into other organs, lymph nodes + low back and colon invasion. Surely his own doc should have ordered at least some tests. dad also presented with radical weight loss also; I am super concerned that by time we get to his oncologist on 09/18 little can be done; stint put in; doc said barely able to put in as tumor had opening size of a pinhole!! My dad has little pain but did present to his own doc over a year ago multiple symptoms that point directly to possibility of cancer! How long b4 it moves to other organs, lymphs, bones..just a rough estimate please. AM DEVISTATED TO SAY THE LEAST !! MANY THANKS FOR ANY INFO.....
stephanos6

Postby birkir » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:53 am

A colon cancer can take as long a 10 years to grow to full development. I know as my doctor may have missed my tumor 5 years ago while doing a sigmoidoscopy. How long it takes to spread, I don't know.
birkir

Postby lemmy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 am

The same happened to my Dad. He had a bad stomach ache. We took him to the Hospital and he had cancer everywhere! He lasted exactly 22 days. He was older too, 93, but we thought it was a stomach problem, nothing else. He was so healthy! I feel very sad for you and your family. Please know that my prayers are with you.
lemmy

Postby atley » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:01 am

This might give you some answers that your
looking for!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I lost my
dad 6 years ago to Cancer.
atley

Postby eamonn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am

it could really be any amount of time, but take em to court,
eamonn

Return to Colon Cancer