Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long does the redness of sunburn take to go away?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby corley39 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Hey there. Yesterday, I went to the beach and I totally for go my sun screen!! And, now I have dark sunburn on the back of my legs and my back (and a HUGE regression...lol). And now my questions are, as follows: could this result to skin cancer? How, or what, could help me get rid off it? How long before it will go away? And, is there any, possible way of it turning into tan. (maybe in some medical or some perfect world??)
Now, mind you this, I can deal with the pain and the burning of the sunburn, but I have a event coming up and I don't want to show up being all red. (that will not match my dress). I can deal it pealing. I can deal with the pain. And I can deal with everything like that. But I just want the redness gone (please).

Can any body help me?? Please, I beg of you!! Please post your answer and, at least attempt to help me!! I need as much help as I can get!! Thank you so much!!! Please post and have a great day!! :D <33
corley39

Postby werner » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Haha don't worry it should go soon enough!! I've been sunburnt plenty of times before, just try and remember the sun screen next time :) What you need to do is go to the store and get some After Sun !!! And slap on the stuff every 2 hours or so and it should clear up in no-time - trst me! I do this everytime! As long as yo dou this religiously it'll be fine. Everyones different but aswell if you do this it should stop it from peeling and turn tan! Atleast that's what happens to me- Once i burn i go really brown!! The After-Sun will helps with the heat aswell :) x And no you won't get cancer from this, obviously it increases your chances but anyone can get cancer really i mean it's best to be healthy and all that but you can still get it whatever. don't worry about it and in the future just remember to cream! ;). x Even if it's not your first time doesn't mean you wil I've sunburnt my back atleast twice before and been fine it's very brown now and burnt my legs, nose atleast once. yeah - not good i know...

Otherwise if it's still not gone (wich i doubt) buy some tanning lotion and that might disguise the redness if there's still some there xx
werner

Postby absalon73 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Try putting cream on it it may take the pain away. If this is the first time that you have ever gotten a sunburn then it is NOT skin cancer.
absalon73

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer