Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long does stage I ovarian cancer take to get to stage IV and then how long before it can kill a person?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

How long does stage I ovarian cancer take to get to stage IV and then how long before it can kill a person?

Postby caimheul » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:06 pm

depends on the individual and also depends on clinical factors such as how it looks under a micrscope, how much the cells resemble the normal tissue around it. a well differentiated cancer is typically less aggressive and slower growing, while a poorly differentiated cancer is typically more aggressive and faster growing. good news is if it is caught at stage 1 the chances for remission are good. I wont say cure because remission and cure are not the same things. you can go into remission and have absolutely no evidence of disease and then it can return.
caimheul

Postby eoin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:09 pm

if you have stage 1 ovarian cancer, you're very lucky (believe it or not). It is rarely found at that stage, because there are usually no symptoms.

I do know that ovarian cancer grows relatively slowly, although of course, it varies per individual.

If you get treatment quickly, there may be no stage four. There may not even be stage 2! Usually stage one can be treated (Surgically, I believe). There may be some medical follow-through, like chemo or radiation; I don't know. But, again, stage one is the easiest to treat successfully. Very good luck to you.
eoin

Postby faron30 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Please read what I posted on "Can I Refuse Cancer Treatment?" The same information applies. In fact most if not all of the health questions could be answered by visiting the sites that I mentioned. The idea is what caused the cancer in the first place. Dr. Neal Barnard mentioned one study, (only one if you can believe it), that they found that women who developed ovarian ca, had a higher intake of Yogurt. That was only one study, and you need more studies, (no money). Misho Kushi "The Cancer Prevention Diet," mentioned eating eggs as the problem. So the idea of going from Stage 1 to Stage IV. Well maybe if you don't feed the cancer it may stay at stage 1. T. Colin Campbell, Phd, Author of "The China Study," talks about the dangers of dairy. Could check out: zazzle.com/seapearls. That's my source.I hope this helps
faron30

Postby chano » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 pm

THIS WOULD DEPEND ON THE INDIVIDUAL AND THE TYPE OF CANCER CELLS THIS PERSON HAS AND HOW FAST IT GROWS
chano

Return to Ovarian Cancer