Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long does it usually take cancer to kill?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby algrenon71 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 am

Specifically breast cancer. Even if detected in early stages or as a generality when a tumor has been diagnosed as malignant, how long does it usually take for a person to die from it if gone untreated

My friend has been complaining about how he's had a lump under his nipple for over a year now. He said that it hasn't really annoyed him too much but has just recently started to become more painful to the touch that when he first noticed it. When he asked me to check it, I could clearly feel the difference on his chest, but at the same time since it's been a year I told him not to worry about it. He hasn't sought professional medical opinion, but worried himself half to death last year without telling anybody until now.
algrenon71

Postby lynd » Tue May 15, 2012 11:38 am

Breast cancer responds so well to treatment that it is rare that people leave it untreated following diagnosis. Because of this statistics on diagnosed, untreated breast cancer are not collected in a large enough sample to be statistically relevant.

No idea of your friends age, but if he is under 30 this is most likely to be a common, harmless, hormonal condition called gynecomastia.
lynd

Postby thorntun40 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am

he should go to the doctor ...... my doctor told me it needs to be like 5 years of having something to be sure is not cancer
thorntun40

Return to Breast Cancer