Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long does it take lymphoma cancer to spread?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby eledon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:07 pm

we took our 6year old dogue de bordeaux to the vets on monday after noticing her eyes were yellow ish
an she was also off her food having lost weight. other than that she was quite normal..wednesday night she was sick undigested food with blood . thursdayshe was after her appointment she was addmitted to liverpool university for small animmals hospital.friday the vet rang at 12noon saying on doing the scan he found a large mass in her intestines attaching to her stomach.after doing a biopsy of the mass he found it was lymphoma the lymphoma mass was blocking the drainage of her gall bladder preventing the bile to enter her stomach also causing her not eat as without any bile the food would,nt be digested.so what really was happening was she was starving to death from thursday to friday she went downhill fast.. i,m wonder how long it takes for this certain cancer to grow ..as the vet said we had actually noticed it early on. friday night our dog was so week that me & my girlfriend decided enough was enough .and the kindest thing was to put her to sleep.. and it was the hardest thing we,ve had to do. she died in our arms
eledon

Postby amiel24 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 pm

You acted with the best interests of your dog. It was kind to have her put to sleep.
amiel24

Postby agustin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 pm

You acted with the best interests of your dog. It was kind to have her put to sleep.
I don't know how long it would have been there in a dog but in a human it would probably have been a few years as my dad died of that.
agustin

Postby feltin98 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't know how long it would have been there in a dog but in a human it would probably have been a few years as my dad died of that.
have tomorrows breakfast now just incase
feltin98

Return to Lymphoma