Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Long Does It Take For Clomid To Work?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby elya » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:11 am

I have been trying to have a baby for a while, and my doctor put me on Clomid to help me ovulate and increase my chances of getting pregnant. I took it already, but no results. How long does it normally take for Clomid to work, or after how many rounds of medication has it worked for anyone. Does anyone have any true positive stories so that I can have some hope that it will work for me.
Only serious answers please. =)
elya

Postby Ezra » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:15 am

I am currently taking 50 mg, and just finished my second round of clomid so waiting to see the results (hoping it's good news), so we will see!!

It sounds like there are some success stories, but for other's it's not the answer to helping..

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome. Curious to know if it works!
Ezra

Postby Bardulf » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:17 am

Both times I got pregnant the second round.
(The first resulted in a miscarriage - random.) I got a beautiful daughter the next pregnancy.
Then I had another daughter naturally 4 yrs later - total surprise.

I wrote this article explaining how it works: http://www.ehow.com/how_5364046_pregnant...
Bardulf

Postby Arnan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:19 am

Safe Online Mall --- http://clomid2.w3org.pw/1qvqf
Arnan

Postby Ritter » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 am

I have connected with several ladies from Yahoo and so far have found three success stories. One of them got pregnant on her first attempt using Clomid, although she did ovulate later than expected.
I just completed my first round of Clomid (50 mg) this month.
I went into the office today to have blood work done so that ovulation can be confirmed.
I have been told that success varies, but that it usually occurs within six cycles.
Your doctor should check you on Cycle Day 21 for ovulation.
If he/she has not informed you about confirming ovulation I would like to suggest that you give their office a call.
If I find out tomorrow that i did not ovulate then my dosage will be increased.
Prayerfully it works.
The side effects I have been experiencing mimic that of pregnancy and it is really confusing me.
I will keep you in my prayers and feel free to reach out should you ever need to chat.
Ritter

Postby Shehyar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:28 am

my mom concieved me after taking it for 5 cycles and in the last two cycles she had the trigger shots also....i took it for the last two cycles,with the last one i took 3 trigger shots but hasnt showed the effect.....my af started on 27th...but i think i ovulated the last time because my doctor checked ovulation via ultrasound....all the best...may be u will have it soon....baby dust to both of us....
Shehyar

Postby Molloy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 am

What do you mean by no results?

If Clomid is making you ovulate and maintain progesterone levels, then it is doing what is supposed to do.
Unfortunately, the sperm still needs to find the egg and implantation needs to occur.

When we tried Clomid, our doctor told us that he felt if Clomid was causing ovulation, pregnancy should happen within 3 cycles . . . and that he personally would not prescribe more than 6 cycles due to increased risk of ovarian cancer.
Unfortunately, it did not happen for us and we moved onto other treatments.

Good luck and baby dust!
Molloy

Postby Ysberin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:38 am

Did you start with 50mg? I did and now I am waiting for my period so that I can start 100mg. For Clomid, you take it for 5 days then 5 days after you are done with the pills an egg should have matured enough for one to pop out which is ovulation! My Ob said that usually Clomid starts to work after the first time. That is what I am hoping for too!
Ysberin

Return to Ovarian Cancer