Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long does it take for brain swelling to go down after brain tumor removal?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby uilleam » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Give it some time. Brain surgery is a major event and the brain takes some time to recover. Remember, the surgeon went in and and poked around with a mixmaster on the brain. The swelling and shock will take a while to recover from.
However there is a chance the brain may not recover from it. Or it may take quite a bit if time.
I had brain surgery two years ago. I have recovered well, but still have a few lingering issues. One of them is my eyes. My vision is fine but my brain interprets things a little different. It has taken a bit to adjust to, but then the brain is an amazing organ and will adjust to almost anything.
uilleam

Postby halton8 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I had surgery to remove a meningioma brain tumor over 4 years ago. After surgery I had double vision and was on decadron (steroid) for a week. It took about a month for my double vision to completely go away. It was much worse when I was tired.
It has only been 2 weeks since his surgery, it will take more time for recovery.
There is an online meningioma support group. Check this website listed below for more information.
halton8

Postby lleweliyn22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Length of time is different for everyone. Talk to the doctors.
lleweliyn22

Return to Brain Tumors