Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How long do colon biopsy take? :'(?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby joseph » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:32 pm

My dad has been sick lately with bad stomach pain and loose stool. For a few months. His doctor told him it was just irritable bowel syndrome and left it at that. Well Friday he began to have chest pain so he was admitted to the hospital. During various testing in which dyes were used he would become light headed, threw up and his blood pressure dropped. They did a colonoscopy to check for a blocked vein. Well they found a polyp in his colon. I am so sick to my stomach and depressed. His half brother died of colon cancer. My 3yo is in remission for cancer she is almost 3 years cancer free. I just keep thinking of all the pain she went through during her chemo and surgeries. I am just so depressed and no one is home to talk to besides my little girl but she is asleep and I can't cry in front of her. I love my dad so much and so does my daughter and I am so scared we will lose him. My world is just falling apart piece by piece. Do you know how long a biopsy takes? I am trying to remember from when my daughter had cancer but I can't remember because I was just so depressed during that time.I feel the same way right now like someone stabbed me in the heart and kicked me in the gut.
joseph

Postby kegan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

A blocked vein cannot be determined by a colonoscopy.
However, finding a polyp does not mean cancer and if the doctor did not think it looked like cancer it would likely be an early stage if it is and likely cured already.
To answer your question the pathology results take 7-10 days.
kegan

Return to Colon Cancer