Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How fast do lymph nodes grow with lymphoma?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby grigor94 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Curious because I have a few squishy nodes around my neck but there is one hardish one that doesn't move like the others. I had mono and wonder if it could be from that but it hasn't shrunk since I had it and that was like 6 months ago! It also hasn't grown either (which I think is good?). It's probably only 1cm in size but I'm nervous because I had cancer 12 years ago and I get worried very easy! I'm 21 now, if that helps and I don't show any bodily signs other than those nodes. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
grigor94

Postby johan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Lymphoma can be slow growing (indolent) or fact growing (aggressive). One of my coworkers was just diagnosed. He has an aggressive anaplastic T-cell lymphoma. He's been unwell for months now, but just in the last month or so, they found a huge tumor on his spine and one under his arm. The one on his spine nearly parlyzed him. He now has an 8 inch scar on his back.
Please have a doctor check out your lymph nodes. It's better to be safe than sorry. Unfortunately, since you have had cancer before (and most likely chemo treatments) you are at risk of developing other cancers.
johan

Return to Lymphoma