Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How does Hogkin's Lymphoma kill you?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby brothaigh48 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am

I have had Hodgkin's Lymphoma twice and it looks like it might be trying to come back again. We barely stopped it the second time, so I doubt I'll survive a third. This isn't to say I won't fight it with everything in me, because I will. I just want to know HOW it kills you. Say I went off of treatment because there was nothing left to do to stop it. What would happen exactly? I'm not afraid of death. For my peace of mind, I just want to know. Any information you could give would be greatly appreciated.
brothaigh48

Postby edwald52 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:58 am

I think with Hodgkin's Disease allot of how if kills you depends on where your primary disease has it's foothold. Often you will have a mediastinal mass(center of chest) along with other node involvement in the gut/abdomen and head/neck area. Hodgkin's disease can also cause bone marrow degradation and cause other complications and diseases such as leukemia, heart disease, lung problems(chronic pulmonary edema) bone cancer, and other cancers along with thyroid problems. Allot of how it kills is by swollen masses of lymph nodes growing and putting so much pressure on an organ (such as in my case completely surrounding my heart) that it is compromised to the point of failure. This is also how many other cancers kill as well, by just taking over the inner chest space and squeezing out the organs. I would suspect that death from Hodgkin's is slow and probably painful unless you are blessed with a major cardiac event. This is all just from gleanings of conversations with my own oncologist and reading.

I had extensive disease and therefore copious amounts of ABVD chemo and then radiation to beat back my advanced stage 3b HL, and almost 15 years later am still living with the side affects of the toxic drugs and radiation damage. I never think bad of anyone who decides to stop the treatments and just let nature take it's course. All of the interventions of medicine are ultimately just giving us a gift of borrowed time. There is a point where quality of life overrides this extension of time and you will know when you get there. Enjoy every day that you breath air and feel the sun but know that when your body gives out, life will just change--you still will be, just as a different you, and it's all good and wonderful--I have seen and experienced it myself when I died from cardiac arrest (side affect of the chemo) I wish you all the best to come on this journey.
edwald52

Postby lindly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 am

Instead of wasting Ur time to know all this information, U can as well survive with "Ur strong will power" to fight out and survive. God bless U. Ur survival instinct should act as a "spring board" for Ur fast & permanent cure. Details follow----------

Chemotherapy with the aid of ‘Target Therapy’ [Acupressure Techniques & Indian Natural Remedies] proved to be effective for all types of cancer [including brain tumors, melanoma] & the most dreaded and incurable diseases.

TARGET THERAPY* It is the God-given therapy communicated to the mankind through THE RIGVEDA, one of the Hindu scriptures.

Dr.Vora designed it in such a way that the costs are the least for the survival/rescue of common man and the poor in villages, towns and metropolis on the globe; with NO insurance cover. It is more suitable to all the youngsters on this entire globe.
U may study it, discuss with Ur family members/friends/acquaintances and slowly and stedily implement it for the best results.

•No side effects and no risk. If it clicks, mostly possible, U shall have a cure. Lest, the therapy keeps mum. No extra risk. It is the most suitable line of treatment even for the terminally ill patients. Cancer cure/prevention is quite possible. U may try it for any incurable disease including cancer of any organ[s], post-surgical recurrence of tumors, Leukemia, HIV/AIDS, Crohn’s Syndrome, Gilbert’s Syndrome, colon cancer, Thalassemia, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, bone TB., Tinnitus, all brain & spinal cord disorders, CLL, Crohn’s Syndrome, endometriosis, etc., ---it should aim @ [3] steps.
1. Removal of toxins from all internal organs & purging through Normal Drainage systems, feces, urine, menses [females], skin, lungs and vomiting.
• 2. Activating all the internal organs to make each & every organ to function up to optimum levels.
3. Supplying vitamins, nutrients, micro-nutrients, minerals, trace elements for invigorating the entire Immune system to produce antibodies.

• PS. If satisfied/benefited with, inform others to browse 'Yahoo Answers’ on any health issue.
Source: ‘HEALTH IN UR HANDS’ [Vol. & II] available in all Indian Languages all over the globe] by Dr.Devendra Vora, DSc.,MD.,FRCP.,---an octogenarian & the pioneer in Acupressure in India.
Dr.Vora, the world renowned Acupressurist, an octogenarian and the Bhishma Pithamaha of acupressure in India--- treated and caused to treat more than 150000 cases of Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, irregular menses and also many other most dreaded diseases.
lindly

Return to Lymphoma