Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How do you "break up" with a capricorn friend or lover?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

Postby paris » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't want to bash capricorns bc I've met many lovely caps and I'm not saying just bc this cap is horrible, means you all are - that's not true. I'm just going to say this person is difficult and she happens to be a capricorn. Unlike my stereotypical traits of a sag, I'd love to have long lasting, meaningful relationships/friendships for life. I don't like investing time and energy over friends who won't do good for me as I have no want/need to do good for them. I'd rather have a few true blue than alot. I've been friends with my cap friend for almost 5 years and I would like to keep it that way but unfortunately, my mind and body cannot take it. She wasn't this way before but I feel like now she's comfortably shown her true colors with me. I've noticed in the past year and a half that I haven't been vibing well with her. Maybe I changed and she hasn't - who knows? She's someone who's (bottom line) negative. Everything has to be a judgment, critiqued, protective-too cautious, arrogant. I thought I could tolerate this and continue to be my own person but when I strayed away and in a whole new crowd/people, I realized her energy had rubbed off on me; it just seemed I was still in "my space" bc I was more positive in comparison to her but nonetheless, miserable/negative like her. Any kind of ounce or success turns into a self-pity party. Any vulnerable situation turns into an attack and a personal preach with her "know it all attitude". To her, love is logic and there's no such thing as forgiveness, being selfless, humbling yourself and surrendering to ego... it's just pride, "I'm right - never wrong" with an arrogance aura. She and her boyfriend continously find joy in bashing other people; gossiping. If she doesn't like someone, she'll "heavily influence" her 2 friends with her opinion so they'll have an idea in their head.

Within the past year, she started giving backhanded compliments, indirect comments to me that I just felt were so petty and unnecessary. Now that I'm happy in love, she's not happy for me at all. When you first start dating, you'll get into arguments, it's normal. Instead of supporting me, telling me it's normal, she told me to leave him bc he was a jerk. I've dated alot and know how rare good guys are and that no one's perfect. Luckily my married friend said, "if you don't agree w. something he did, you mention it, and if he fails to change, that's when you leave but in your case, you didn't even do half the work by not mentioning it." And I did and lucky for me, he listened to me, changed and we're very good. I was so upset at my friend and asked her why she was being judgmental towards me. Rather than saying, "oh, i'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel that way" she questioned, "are you calling me judgmental?!" Since then, we've drifted. She told her friends ahead of time about her own story of my boyfriend and I before seeing them at her bday dinner. By the end of the night, I overheard her bf tell her, "yeah, i asked them what they thought of him and they actually thought he was cool." Anytime my bf is mentioned, she gets this blank look. I don't get it. I also noticed in the past year she identifies herself with me, as if we were on the same level - when she found out how lucky I was able to travel (disneyland was somewhat of a every 5 yr tradition w. the family), she would say, "oh you're one of those lucky kids, huh?" Or if she found out I played an instrument for years, she would say, "oh overachiever. All i did was play volleyball." I know not everyone will be happy for you but you would think friends would be. Maybe if someone was being abused, then I can see how a friend wouldn't approve but other than that, you're just being a "hater". Oh and her boyfriend also claimed he thought my bf "seemed like he has issues" after first meeting him...
paris

Postby eijaz » Fri Oct 20, 1995 1:55 am

Omg,, I understand how you feel.
I had an ex-friend who is a capricorn too, we were best friends for 5 years.
And she is also mean toward me.
Whenever we have arguments, she would say all sorts of mean things toward me and insult me.
I have enough respect for myself so I ended that toxic friendship.

If you want to end the friendship with your capricorn friend, just stop replying to her text messages/emails, and ignore all her phone calls.
You don't owe her any explanation. She treated you like sh*t so she doesn't deserve any explanation. Just go cold turkey on her, it will save you all the drama, and she deserved it anyway.

I have no idea why astrology mentioned that virgos and capricorns get along with each other.
I am a virgo and I do NOT get along capricorns people.
I get along best with cancer, my closest friend now is a cancer, we have been friends for 11 years, and she treats me soooo much better as compared to my f*cking capricorn ex-friend. :)

I like capricorn men though, it's just the capricorn women whom I can't get along with.
The capricorn women are biiiaaaatches.
The capricorn men are alright though, I get along great with capricorn men.
eijaz

Postby eugen » Tue Jan 02, 2001 12:15 pm

All you have to do is be honest and tell the person how you feel, that's it. I don't completely know what's going on in your story but it seems like she's mad at you, and you guys are having some odd misunderstanding with each other. If you feel like she's not worth being a friend all you have to do is just straight up tell her (depending on the type of person she might take it as it is or be nasty with you, but I wouldn't know for sure). In my opinion I think you should talk to her before you dump her off as a friend, but if she still responds like a mean dog then you can forget about her if you were trying your best to resolve whatever is going on between you two. I'm a capricorn and usually if I have a issue with one of my other cap or taurus friends, I usually talk it out with them and were ok again. I don't act much like your friend though in being straight up rude though unless someone has done something I considered offensive.

Edit: Oh by the way try not to take a person's sun sign so seriously, don't judge too fast yet. There's more to a persons chart than just their sun sign.
eugen

Postby gwyr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 am

I don't want to bash capricorns bc I've met many lovely caps and I'm not saying just bc this cap is horrible, means you all are - that's not true. I'm just going to say this person is difficult and she happens to be a capricorn. Unlike my stereotypical traits of a sag, I'd love to have long lasting, meaningful relationships/friendships for life. I don't like investing time and energy over friends who won't do good for me as I have no want/need to do good for them. I'd rather have a few true blue than alot. I've been friends with my cap friend for almost 5 years and I would like to keep it that way but unfortunately, my mind and body cannot take it. She wasn't this way before but I feel like now she's comfortably shown her true colors with me. I've noticed in the past year and a half that I haven't been vibing well with her. Maybe I changed and she hasn't - who knows? She's someone who's (bottom line) negative. Everything has to be a judgment, critiqued, protective-too cautious, arrogant. I thought I could tolerate this and continue to be my own person but when I strayed away and in a whole new crowd/people, I realized her energy had rubbed off on me; it just seemed I was still in "my space" bc I was more positive in comparison to her but nonetheless, miserable/negative like her. Any kind of ounce or success turns into a self-pity party. Any vulnerable situation turns into an attack and a personal preach with her "know it all attitude". To her, love is logic and there's no such thing as forgiveness, being selfless, humbling yourself and surrendering to ego... it's just pride, "I'm right - never wrong" with an arrogance aura. She and her boyfriend continously find joy in bashing other people; gossiping. If she doesn't like someone, she'll "heavily influence" her 2 friends with her opinion so they'll have an idea in their head.

Within the past year, she started giving backhanded compliments, indirect comments to me that I just felt were so petty and unnecessary. Now that I'm happy in love, she's not happy for me at all. When you first start dating, you'll get into arguments, it's normal. Instead of supporting me, telling me it's normal, she told me to leave him bc he was a jerk. I've dated alot and know how rare good guys are and that no one's perfect. Luckily my married friend said, "if you don't agree w. something he did, you mention it, and if he fails to change, that's when you leave but in your case, you didn't even do half the work by not mentioning it." And I did and lucky for me, he listened to me, changed and we're very good. I was so upset at my friend and asked her why she was being judgmental towards me. Rather than saying, "oh, i'm sorry I didn't mean to make you feel that way" she questioned, "are you calling me judgmental?!" Since then, we've drifted. She told her friends ahead of time about her own story of my boyfriend and I before seeing them at her bday dinner. By the end of the night, I overheard her bf tell her, "yeah, i asked them what they thought of him and they actually thought he was cool." Anytime my bf is mentioned, she gets this blank look. I don't get it. I also noticed in the past year she identifies herself with me, as if we were on the same level - when she found out how lucky I was able to travel (disneyland was somewhat of a every 5 yr tradition w. the family), she would say, "oh you're one of those lucky kids, huh?" Or if she found out I played an instrument for years, she would say, "oh overachiever. All i did was play volleyball." I know not everyone will be happy for you but you would think friends would be. Maybe if someone was being abused, then I can see how a friend wouldn't approve but other than that, you're just being a "hater". Oh and her boyfriend also claimed he thought my bf "seemed like he has issues" after first meeting him...
gwyr

Return to General Cancer Discussion