Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Do I Tell If I Have Kidney Cancer?

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby Prydwen » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 am

I am 15 and 2 days ago I was diagnosed with a hydrocele, which is a fluid buildup in the testicle. The doctor asked me if I had any urinary problems, and I didn't at the time notice anything obvious. I looked on a medical website and found an enlargement like I had could in rare cases be caused by kidney cancer. I noticed yesterday that I had cloudy light urine and now I'm thinking it might be a kidney problem, although I have no other symptoms; no flank pain, no nausea or vomiting, no abdominal pain, or anything else. I have one symptom that in rare cases is caused by cancer and one that could be caused by that same cancer, although my urine didn't look bloody. It was light yellow with some clouds that were a little darker. I don't know what to do.
Prydwen

Postby Barklie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:49 am

Sometimes you just have to think about the odds.
If it is rare for kidney cancer to cause a hydrocele, and it is rare for kidney cancer to cause cloudy urine and not some of its other symptoms, then you probably don't have kidney cancer.
You do, however, have a hydrocele, so maybe the cloudy urine is connected with that somehow, such as if an infection is causing both conditions.
There are also harmless causes of cloudy urine, such as eating a big protein meal.
Go ahead and tell your doctor about your cloudy urine, because if you do have an infection, he or she would probably want to treat that right away.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
Barklie

Return to Kidney Cancer