Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How do I talk to her about this?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby crombwiella83 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:35 am

One of my best friends, lets call her Ralema and I got in a huge fight right before we graduated. We found out the things that were said were all wrong. Someone had made a lie about both of us... a mutual friend, or so I thought. Her family won't listen when we say that it was all lies, and we just found out that her mom has stage 4 colon cancer which has now gone to her liver. I really want to talk to her mom, I loved her so much, like my own mom. I want to talk to her before she gets hospitalized. I want to talk to her soon. I just need to know what to say. I am so confused. Please help!
crombwiella83

Postby marleigh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:40 am

Maybe you should just tell her that you understand that you have problems but you are not wanting to talk to her about that, and that can come later, right now you are concerned about her mom and want to talk to her and see her while you still have the chance. Unfortunately in life sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring people together. IF she gives you the chance to talk to her mom then when you talk to her mom go to her afterward and just give her comfort about her mom, when she is ready to talk about your falling out then do it but dont force it
marleigh

Postby treowbrycg » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:43 am

Call her up and tell her you'd really like to see her. You sound like a good friend.
Bury the hatchet and leave the past in the past.
treowbrycg

Return to Colon Cancer