Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Cure Able Is Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Daxton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:05 pm

It's a Horrible, Horrible Cancer. It's nice that she is being so optimistic...my husband's mother only lasted 2 1/2 months with it...I hope he can out live that...
Daxton

Postby Haddon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

It's one of the hardest forms of cancer to cure. It's unlikely that he'll survive, sorry.
Haddon

Postby Abe » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Well cancer is not really curable if can be controled and SOMETIMES it may go away with the right lifestyle and diet. Usually cancer is treated with kemo therapy but this dosent always cure it also u can have an operation to remove it but it may end up in another part of the body. With the pancres it may be cured but closest to that it may end up in the bowl next. HOPE I COULD HELP!!!!!!! Good luck
Abe

Postby Felamaere » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:10 pm

She is being optimistic. I'm sorry to say, but pancreatic cancer is actually one of the worst forms of cancer.
Felamaere

Postby Saul » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

That depends on what stage the cancer is in, how their body is responding to the treatment, how the cancer cells are reacting, and various factors.

Example is Stage 1 it is more highly treatable. But it also depends on how their body and cells react to the therapy.

Stage 4 is likely not treatable because it has spread. But again it depends on how the cancer reacts to the treatment.

All I can say is it is dynamic. The earlier it is detected the more likely it can be treated. The further it progresses the more likely it harder to treat and get rid of.
Saul

Postby Ravid » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:14 pm

My mom was diagnosed in March, and passed away 4 months later. By the time most pancreatic cancer is discovered, it is too late.
Ravid

Postby Binyamin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Yes pancreatic cancer is only a 5% cure rate. I had surgery for it in April I got it early thanks to myself being persistent about my health to the doctors and asking them to do testing. They removed my spleen and 3/4 of my pancreas it had spread to one lymph node but not any where else.I didn't have to have chemo either so I am what they call cured I have to go doctor every three months for check ups. It has now been 5 months and cancer free so there is hope for people out there.
Binyamin

Postby Vohkinne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I had two uncles just die of it. If it is caught early there is a better chance.
I did read in a medical journal that eating a lot of asparagus is helping to fight cancer.
Vohkinne

Postby Gerhard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 pm

A co-worker of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at stage two.
He just finished surgery and will undergo chemotherapy and possibly radiation.

The doctor did tell him that he had about a year to live.
But I feel that he will put up a great fight against the disease and he will beat it.

It is my wish anyway.
I do know they say it is one of the deadliest cancer's but I am wishing for the best possible outcome.
Gerhard

Postby stille90 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Unfortunately there is no cure to ANY cancer, and pancreatic cancer is an awful one to have. There are procedures that can HELP it, such as the whipple procedure, and chemotherapies that can slow it down. Also if you search the internet you can find many organic and wholistic things that people "claim" can help cure cancer.
stille90

Return to Pancreatic Cancer