Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How can I reach Customs if my package to an APO in Germany is stuck there?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby kearne » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 am

On May 8t, I have send a package to an APO in Germany. When I want to track it on the USPS website, I can just find out that it left a sorting place in NY on May 9th.
How can I reach Customs now if my package is stuck there and to ask what I can do or pay to get the package send to Germany?
It has been there now for over a month. I have paid insurance for the package so I want to find out first if I can somehow still get it send to Germany before I claim to get the insurance money back.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with the Customs?
kearne

Postby blackburn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 am

File a claim for damaged or lost domestic shipments…
Online – Not only will you be able to start your claim immediately, you’ll save time and be able to check status along the way.

First, you need to sign in to USPS.com® or register for an account. Then, enter
your item’s article number.

What does the article number look like?
Some article numbers are 13 alphanumeric characters beginning in a letter and
ending in “US.”
Example: EB123456789US

If you don’t see a number like that, look for a string of 20, 22, 26, 30, or 34 numbers.

At a Post Office – Complete the claim form, gather up the documentation, and bring it to your local Post Office™. The Post Office will forward your claim to our Accounting Services team.

By mail – You can also send all the materials directly to our Accounting Services team.

WARNING: Disregard the nonsense spouted by the postal worker. He has bladder cancer and blames the entire yahoo community for his medical condition. His wife has breast cancer and that is taking a toll on him also.
blackburn

Postby skelly38 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 am

At this point, you would be better off to initiate a claim on the Insurance.

The other answer has some errors in it. First off, this is not an International mailpiece. It does pass through Customs in Germany but, it can be tracked by the USPS because it is going to an APO. It would be up to the Military Postal Service to perform the final scans. USPS only transports to the embarkation point in New York where it is handed off to the military.

Insurance, by itself, does not offer tracking but, with the receipt from your purchase of insurance, your local PO should be bale to look it up by the Insured number.

Again, you should start the claim on the Insurance immediately. It can be started online now so you can get it going anytime after 14 days after the date of mailing.

06/12/13

fir3bu1k has gone over the line. Using my battle with Cancer, as well as what my wife has gone through, as a tool to insult, harass and intimidate another person. This reprehensible behavior cannot be tolerated by this community.

I would ask that anyone that reads this venomous diatribe, report it by clicking the “Report Abuse” link. This low life can’t be left to continually post such messages with impunity.

I guess there is no such thing as sinking too low for you. I cannot believe that one person could be so callous and so cruel as to post such ignorant comments about a life threatening illness just to grind your ax with me and the USPS, my employer.

fir3bu1k, consider this another step in the proceedings. I serve notice that you are to cease and desist this obnoxious behavior of stalking, harassing and intimidating me. You are to cease referencing my health issues in any of your postings. Communications of this nature are being recorded and added to the file of your past impersonations and crude comments.

Notice has been served. You must stop immediately.
skelly38

Postby stem » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 am

us customs is not involved in this shipment
you would have call germany customs
have you tried contacting USPS first?
they mightpl be able put trace on it
plus usps tracking usually ends when the package leaves the usa
meaning its no longer trackable on the usps website
stem

Return to Stomach Cancer