Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How can I get tan without sun/tanning beds?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby frederick18 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:21 am

I'm very pale & I really wanna add colour to my skin.
I don't wanna go outside & tan because the place where I live gets very little sun.
I also don't wanna use tanning beds because of cancer + my parents said no.
I've heard of tanning lotion type stuff that you put all over your skin and then like wash it off and then your tan but is that messy/streaky/not effective?
Also I know about spray tans but I don't wanna get orangey.
Are there any other methods or should I go spray tanning or get the self tanner stuff? (Also what brands if yes?)
frederick18

Postby adusa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 am

spray tan or usen tanning lotion or a lot of bronzer
adusa

Postby eliott » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

You need to do what I did (after I was extremely dumb and tanned for years in cancer beds),
Love your beautiful white skin! Don't go slathering poisonous chemicals and dyes onto your pretty white skin, it will only have negative effects (patches of orange, trust me)! See it as if it is something very unique and exotic. You are who you are and you shouldnt be changing that for anything. I am white as a ghost, but I compliment it with nice colored clothes(navy, brown, pastels)! Many people believe that white skin is absolutley stunning, and you should too, embrace it :) !
eliott

Postby myung-dae » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 am

Regardless of which brand you select, the most important thing to remember is to select a shade that is appropriate for your natural skin tone. If you have fair skin, use a product with 5-8% DHA. If you have medium to dark skin, use a product with 10-12% DHA. DHA is the active ingredient in spray tans and sunless products that reacts with the skin and is responsible for the color change we call a sunless tan. Choosing a product that is too dark (or sometimes too light) can make you look like an oompa-loompa.
myung-dae

Re: How can I get tan without sun/tanning beds?

Postby JoseLogan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Don't worry just go with asyana lotion , it will give you tanning in less span and you do,t have to be under sun for long for getting tan.

http://www.asyana.com.au/spray-tan-for-best-results.html
JoseLogan

Return to Stomach Cancer