Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How Can I Cause A Cell To Auto-populate Once I Click Out Of It?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Ellwood » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:13 am

EXP:Employing Excel I type 4367 into a cell and upon clicking out of the cell it reads B2CR4367. The preferred result would be to have every quantity in each and every cell in that column to auto-populate with the prefix B2CR.
Ellwood

Postby beven » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 pm

One way to do it If you are using B2CR and then the numbers go up from that point in sequence...like B2CR4367, B2CR4368, B2CR4369, etc(or even by 2's, 5's, etc) you can "copy" it down.  Enter three of them in the sequence.  Next, highlight all three cells.  After they are highlighted you will see a bold border around all three with a dark square in the bottom right corner of that.  Click on that square and drag it down until you have all the numbers you need.  That should do what you need.  Unless, of course, they aren't in sequential order.  In that case, I am not that advanced... sorry.   Droid 45 months ago Please sign in to give a compliment. Please verify your account to give a compliment. Please sign in to send a message. Please verify your account to send a message.
beven

Postby Suthclif » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 pm

If you are using B2CR and then the numbers go up from that point in sequence...like B2CR4367, B2CR4368, B2CR4369, etc(or even by 2's, 5's, etc) you can "copy" it down.  Enter three of them in the sequence.  Next, highlight all three cells.  After they are highlighted you will see a bold border around all three with a dark square in the bottom right corner of that.  Click on that square and drag it down until you have all the numbers you need.  That should do what you need.  Unless, of course, they aren't in sequential order.  In that case, I am not that advanced... sorry.  
Suthclif

Return to Leukemia Forum