Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Heterogeneous Liver And Arimidex

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby Holman » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am

Hello I am in such a physical mess that I have been on these forums quite a lot.  Please could you tell me if I should remain on Arimidex when I have an atrophic kidney and the other one has been shown to empty slowly during a nuclear tracer exam.

Also, during a scan six months ago i had an ultrasound which showed my liver was homogenous, then the next scan showed it was heterogeneous.  There was a presence of simple cysts in both scans.  Does its being discretely heterogeneous mean that it is starting with mets?(I had been treated for breast cancer three years ago)  I have spoken with several doctors and they all say that its nothing, but when I read on the internet the word heterogeneous always relates to either cancer or cirhossis and no one has given me a satisfactory explanation.  I am in a foreign country so it makes it even more difficult.  Thank you.
Holman

Postby awnan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Herterogenous is NOT necessarily related to cancer. If there is any suspicion of cancer that should be written in the report. At present I see no reason why you can not continue with Arimidex. Good luck!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH

There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!
awnan

Return to Kidney Cancer