Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Help With Pancreatic Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Dow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:08 pm

My mother had pancreatic cancer 2 years ago, this year we found out it came back in her liver. She has no appetite and has lost 30 lbs. She doesn't want to eat. She vomits bile (green substance) everyday at Leastt 3 time a day. She can't keep anything down and hasn't made a bowel movement in 1 week. SHe was in the hospital but they let her go home because they said it's a common symptom for this disease. She also has a blood clot obstructing her intestine and an ulcer. Has anyone gone through or knows anyone who has gone through this? Do you have any pointers? I've tried giving her "Boost", but she says it's too sweet. I bought her Rice Milk and Aloe Vera juice yesterday. I've bought her Muscle milk and a couple different protein shakes but she says they are "too sweet". I'm at my wits end. She takes Colace, Coumadin, Zofran and blood pressure medicine. I know sheshouldn'tt have more vitamin K in her diet because she started chemo on Wednesday. Any Advice?
Dow

Postby stanwode » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Unfortunately, in case your uncle's melanoma started within the pancreas and unfold to the liver and lungs, the oncologist was once means fallacious. Metastatic pancreatic melanoma (melanoma that has unfold) can't be cured and by and large does now not reaspond good to chemotherapy. Treatment might support upgrade the high-quality of existence and prolong the existence span somewhat, however it's going to now not treatment it. Chemotherapy with gemcitabine is the ordinary therapy for Stage four pancreatic melanoma. Other medications (Xeloda, Eloxatin, Tarceva) might support slash the tumor and prolong the existence expectancy quite, however there's nonetheless ongoing debate approximately how potent the ones medications are. The common existence expectancy for a sufferer with pancreatic melanoma that has unfold to the liver is approximately four-6 months. I'm sorry to listen to approximately your uncle.
stanwode

Postby Montagu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm

about the vomiting im not sure if its cauz of the cancer because when i had mumps i had the same i couldnt keep any thing in , including the medicine to help with vomiting for like a 2 days.

so i ended up in the hospital cauz i got too weak to do any thing and got saline injected through vein and the nurse also added some thing in the saline with injection to help with the vomiting so i went home after like 2 saline bags then when i drank water i vomited water and bile the green substance and it had a very bad taste.

so i just went to bed and next morning i ate very little every once in a while and i was ok.

about cancer -

even though some people think its dead end ITS NOT there is always hope even till the last second.

there are lots of medical way and natural way to treal cancer all that is needed is a bit of research.

and i believe you will and have done it so keep it up.

remember always be there for her and never think that cancer take her away ,

every one has to die one day and dosent means cancer will be the cause.

i wish with all my heart that i was with you helping you at your darkest moments and pain,

i seriously do,

remember you can and will do it , love you , good luck with life is if this was your last talk.
Montagu

Postby Chagai » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Awe, I?m so sorry. You need to call her oncologist right away and explain the situation they are used to this and will give you the best recommendation.
Chagai

Return to Pancreatic Cancer