Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Help finding help for treating a benign brain tumor?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby sagar » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:01 am

Hi my name is Crystal, I am a 27 year old Florida resident (Orlando). Recently, I have been diagnosed with a benign brain tumor located deep inside the left part of my brain. I currently am on a fixed income with no medical insurance. I've applied for emergency medicaid, but a brain tumor isn't a big emergency I guess in my state because I was denied. My monthly earnings are $1,400 which is enough to pay my rent, car and utilities and put little food in my house. I have called over 25 different organizations, clinics and hospitals trying to get help, but have been tossed to the next place. I don't know what to do, and I will take any and all advice.. To be honest I'm at that point to just live my life to the fullest and if this kills me, then I guess its just my time :( thanks... Xoxo
sagar

Postby helmutt » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 am

Aww :'( Im so sorry!
Maybe you could go to your family for help? Ask your friends to fundraise for you! anything you can do to earn some extra cash! i honestly feel so bad for you, I wish there was something I could do to help.
Maybe contact your local newspaper? Where I live, things like this show up and people get money donated :)
I hope this helped, and you get some money!
Best of luck! xx
helmutt

Postby boot » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 am

Organize friends and family to go to local stores (big and small - McDonalds, Walmart, grocery stores, ect) see if they will let you put out those donation boxes that they use for breast cancer and see if the store itself will donate anything. Also, doctors all do pro bono work sometimes, so just keep trying to find someone. You can also get loans (which I recommend if you can't get the money upfront).

Check these out:
http://www.ehow.com/list_6507864_ways-life-saving-medical-procedures.html
http://www.ehow.com/how_2045505_money-medical-bills.html
boot

Postby iver74 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:34 am

A benign tumor is one that does not need any treatment unless it is causing problems. You didn't mention if this tumor causes problems or if a doctor advised you to have it removed. The description of the tumor being located deep in the brain raises the question whether its operable in the first place. If the tumor presents a health risk, the risks from the tumor need to outweigh the risks from surgery. These are the types of questions that medical people would need to know before considering your request for assistance. You need to have documentation of the answer to these issues to have any chance of getting assistance. Call the doc's office that found the tumor and find out if they can provide the documentation you need to get medical assistance.
iver74

Postby lazaro » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:41 am

Maybe you should go back to NY... How were you diagnosed anyway? How do drs know it's benign? If you've gone to a hospital and a tumor was found, I'm rather shocked you were discharged before the surgery.
lazaro

Return to Brain Tumors