Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Help Anxiety And Hypochondriac?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby Vipponah » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Okay so I am 13 and I have anxiety and I'm a pretty bad hypochondriac my anxiety started when I was in 3rd grade and I also started becoming verrrrry scared of doctors since I was in 3rd grade also. I hate going to the doctor becuz I get so nervous and think I'm goig to get bad news like I have a disease and even when my siblings go to the doctor and I have to go I refuse to go inside the doctors office because I am so nervous . Anyway my hypochondria started in 4th grade I thought so many things were wrong with me I had my mom take me to the doctor and to he hospital numerous times and I was perfectly healthy but I just pick at every single thing on my body and freak out a couple months ago I thought I had throat cancer but it was actually my constant stress that caused my pain in my neck and now I think I have skin cancer and I'm trying to convience my mom to take me to the doctor I can't stop looking at this odd mole I want to know if it's a cancer mole but I am also verrrrrry scarred to go to the doctor so help
Vipponah

Postby Aurelius » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 pm

I have the same thing only my thing is i have OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. I constantly worry about getting sick and if I feel the slightest bit off then I am panicking and having my mom haul me off to the doctors. But they tell me I'm fine. Your mind can cause you to develop symptoms. You need to relax and try not to worry about it. And believe me I KNOW its hard. I worry so much about getting sick that my psychiatrist put me on anxiety medicine so i can at least not freak out. That might help. But try not to worry. ok? And I have no idea if you're religious or not but if I feel weird at all and panic thinking I'm sick in some way I pray that I will be ok
Aurelius

Postby Machk » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

go watch greys anatomy or some medical shows and take note on how the doctors in the show are, see how normal and calm they are? and put yourself in the doctor's shoes and you are seeing a patient, its very normal isn't t? you don't have to be scared, you might wanna go to a psychiatrist or something. Don't be scared! the doctors see weird stuff everyday! :) eat some chocolate to calm your nerves! :D good luck~!
Machk

Postby Ebenezer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I know how you feel...I think I have everything under the sun. Headache = stroke.

I take deep breaths when something like a pain happens. You are really young to think like this. You may want to see someone about your hypochondria because it no way to live.

Once you get control on your hypochondria you will feel so much better...trust me!
Ebenezer

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials