Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Heavy breathing in dog?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Heavy breathing in dog?

Postby barry » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:01 pm

My poor sheltie got bone cancer in his leg, so the vet suggested amputation. He had the surgery on Monday and we took him home from the vet this morning. I just noticed he has been breathing heavy. He has a large cast/bandage around his upper torso and is on pretty heavy pain meds. Do you think one or the other is causing it? Could it be something else? My vet is closed right now and I don't think it's terribly serious enough to wait all night at the 24 hour one. Thanks for your help!
barry

Heavy breathing in dog?

Postby stem » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Most vets have an answering service I would call them to be safe! It could be anxiety in the dog or some thing could actually be wrong. The meds could be causing the problem I wouldn't want to risk it. Good luck hope every thing works out
stem

Heavy breathing in dog?

Postby nixon87 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Don't let this scare you, but my dog had cancer on his tail, so we had it amputated, and he also had very heavy breathing. It turned out the cancer had spread to his lungs. One of my other dogs had heavy breathing for several years before we found out she also had lung cancer. I'm not saying that's what your dog has, but definitely get it checked out as soon as possible in case it is something serious.
nixon87

Return to Cancer Prevention