Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Headache on one side of head?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby richardo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 am

while jogging this morning i got a severe headache on the right side of my head i had to stop for a few mins but it went away. i got another one tonight just sitting and on the computer.. i don't know what this is? do i have a brain tumor? or just a migraine? i don't feel nauseated or anything.
richardo

Postby clifford » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:58 am

Your headaches are caused by tight neck muscles. You tightened them up in the cool weather this morning. Because they are caused by the neck muscles it's possible to have the headache on just one side, the muscles on that side are the only ones tight. Your neck muscles go to the top of your head where they connect to muscles going around the head. When the neck muscles get tight they pull the head muscles into pain and that's your headache. The muscles go right next to your ears where, when tight, they can press onto the nerves going to your ears to cause pains and/or hearing loss. To get rid of these problems you have to free up your neck muscles to release the tight neck muscles and to get the pressure off the nerves and here's how to free them up:
Neck
Put your hands alongside your head so your thumbs are on the front of the muscle under your ear and your fingers are on the back of the muscle behind your neck. Squeeze your thumb and fingers together and hold. Relax your body. After about 30 to 45 seconds, when you don’t feel the muscles releasing any longer, slowly lower your head as far as you can, release the pressure but hold your neck lowered for another 30 seconds.
For best results relax your body first by taking a deep breath and exhaling then remain this relaxed.
clifford

Postby aoidh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 am

Sinus.
aoidh

Postby fritzchen57 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:09 am

Sinus! I have had many sinus infections only the right side of my head hurts get some antibiotics and got to the doctor GOOD LUCK and DONT WOORY :D
fritzchen57

Postby bittor70 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am

Any headache that's minor to modest, and not coupled with various other symptoms, and reacts to home therapies within a few hours may well not have to have any examination or screening, particularly if it has took place previous times. A pressure head ache shows no unnatural discoveries using a neurological examination. Having said that, soft points on the muscles are often affecting the neck and shoulder areas. The medical doctor must be contacted, to eliminate some other issues that induce pain, if your headache is without a doubt intense, persistent i.e. will not vanish entirely), or maybe various other signs and symptoms can be found along with the headache. Severe headaches which will disturb sleep, take place whenever you are active, or which have been frequent may require examination in addition to therapy by a medical doctor.
bittor70

Postby crosland » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

Have your eyes checked
Have your blood pressure checked
Check your ear

Please see your doctor as soon as you can.
crosland

Return to Brain Tumors