Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Haven't had a period for a long time?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby lir » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:01 am

i haven't had a period since before feb.19 and it is now march.11. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and im not pregnant. Im really ocd so i always think the worse, i keeping thinking its cervical cancer and I keep worrying myself, i dont know if i have ever been this late, but im really scared! what else could be wrong?
lir

Postby dunlop55 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:08 am

STRESS CAUSES LATE PERIODS. ESPECIALLY IF YOURE STRESSING ABOUT THE LATE PERIOD LOL. dont worry, see a doctor but honestly cervical cancer is unlikely at this stage.
i went through a MASSIVE scare, missed 3 months in a row, took garlic, herbs, special teas, NOTHING WORKED.
so i relaxed, my tummy wasnt getting bigger, i had no abnormal 'non period' cramps, irregular bleeding, nothing. so i knew in my heart of hearts i was okay
i turned to God for comfort, and I relaxed.
Then my period came!

please google 'phantom symptoms from stress'
this is basically when you stress out about something SO much, your body WILL produce these weird symptoms that look like the thing you're worrying about

its all mind over matter.
take gentle exercise, relax, and see a doctor if it doesnt come

REMEMBER.... you're not that late, AND medicine is available incase something is wrong
plus its the early stage of whatever (cervical cancer, pregnancy, cysts) all of which can be treated / dealt with appropriately.
if you're really worried, go soon, but i wouldnt stress
dunlop55

Postby jerrel82 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 am

It's completely normal to skip a period every now and then. If you still don't get it this month, make an appointment with your doctor and explain what's wrong. And I doubt you have cervical cancer. Try not to worry about that. I know how the OCD mind is, and it's hard to ignore those thoughts, but just try to stay focused on other things until you find out for sure why you're missing your period.
jerrel82

Postby cwrig » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 am

It's completely normal to skip a period every now and then. If you still don't get it this month, make an appointment with your doctor and explain what's wrong. And I doubt you have cervical cancer. Try not to worry about that. I know how the OCD mind is, and it's hard to ignore those thoughts, but just try to stay focused on other things until you find out for sure why you're missing your period.
Could be stress, cervical cancer, PID, or birth control but you should see a doctor if you're worried.
cwrig

Return to Cervical Cancer