American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Have You Experienced Thyroid Cancer?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby Rowley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:21 am

Thank you cbrdgt.
I will most likely go in for surgery whether or not cancer is found, I have several nodes and two are calcified.
I've been dealing with thyroid disease since I was a teenager and have had two surgeries back in the 80's.
I would prefer, I think to get rid of everything and go on total replacement therapy.
The link you sent is very helpful.
Rowley

Postby Gaelbhan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:23 am

A few months ago, I was very sick, zero energy, freezing cold, depressed, weight gain, thought I was dying. I read every word of this Hypothyroidism Revolution program and followed all the advice. My life turned around the first week. I started to feel human again. Within weeks my energy came back and I felt like living again.

Get the entire hypothyroidism revolution system today? just choose the best option for you.
Gaelbhan

Postby Norwel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 am

My niece is an EMT. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and was back at work, after RAI treatment, within a couple weeks. She says she's never felt better since she's now getting the hormones her thyroid should have been supplying her body with all these years.

You're very welcome! Just to add, she did have her entire thyroid removed.
Norwel

Postby ronal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:28 am

I had a total thyroidectomy and neck dissection, then I-131.
I felt very sore after surgery due to the extent of it, but many people who just have a total thyroidectomy without lymph nodes removed feel good within days.
It all depends on the person and extent of surgery.

Some people have to "go hypo" (no thyroid hormones + no thyroid = very high TSH) in preparation for the I-131 treatment, but some people now get to get Thyrogen injections (pure TSH) to raise their TSH without going hypo.
I went hypo the old fashioned way, so I felt pretty crappy during that time.
I had all the hypo symptoms, weak, fatigued, slow heart rate, puffy looking, etc.
That went away once I my thyroid medication was kicked in.

After receiving my I-131, I had nausea, a pounding headache, swollen salivary glands, and that's on top of the hypo symptoms.
I've talked to many people and a lot have minimal issues with the I-131, it seems to depend on how large or small the dose is.
Surgery and treatment wasn't too bad...I know it could have been much worse.
If you need surgery, please do your research and get a top endocrine or ENT surgeon. http://thyca.org is a great site if you need it...I hope you don't! Wishing you luck on the biopsy! :)
ronal

Postby rhys » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:07 am

We often see hypothyroid symptoms totally reversed when commits to a plan that supports balance through nutrition and daily self-care. Learn here https://tr.im/uexTo

Consume foods naturally high in B vitamins, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds, and iodine (fish, seaweed, vegetables and root vegetables).

Exercise daily, at least 30?60 minutes per day, 4?5 times a week.

Practice deep breathing and other techniques that trigger the ?relaxation response? ? such as meditation and guided visualization.
rhys

Return to Thyroid Cancer