Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Hard painful bump under my armpit?

Anything on your mind? Cancer and non-Cancer discussion in here

Postby avent33 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Obviously, this question's going to be a little gross, so don't judge me for it :P

So I was at school yesterday (sophomore) in the bathroom, and it felt like my underarm was sore. I felt this little bump. So yes, it appeared randomly. This was during lunch, so I waited a few hours until I got home to investigate the world wide web. I got the results it could be breast cancer, clogged lymph node, breast cancer, ingrown hair, breast cancer, a boil, and... oh, yeah, breast cancer. All of the results sound semi-similar, so I'm having trouble deciphering.
It showed up randomly yesterday.
It hurts when I squeeze it or put my arm down.
Yesterday, I squeezed it, and a little pus or what or whatever came out (gross, yucky).
It's basically the size of a jelly bean.

I feel may have gotten a bit bigger since yesterday, and nothing's coming out if I squeeze it.
I placed a warm, wet washcloth underneath it yesterday, but then I fell asleep, and I feel it didn't work.

Please help.
avent33

Postby garmann » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm

if it pussed out then its probably an ingrown hair cus breast Cancer wouldn't do that's so ya, but if it don't go down in a while then go see a doctor. if it don't hurt to much then squeeze it if puss comes out then its fine, but a jellybean it pretty big.
garmann

Postby treffen » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:23 pm

It sounds like an ingrown hair....it isn't breast cancer.
treffen

Postby lir » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:35 pm

When you have cystic acne like that, it will grow back unless you get all the pus out and draw blood. Best thing you can do is wash the area, exfoliate with a body scrub, and pull out any ingrown hair that is covering the cyst. Then just wait exfoliate everyday until you feel like this cyst is easy to pop.
lir

Postby naseem » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm

When you have cystic acne like that, it will grow back unless you get all the pus out and draw blood. Best thing you can do is wash the area, exfoliate with a body scrub, and pull out any ingrown hair that is covering the cyst. Then just wait exfoliate everyday until you feel like this cyst is easy to pop.
Probably an ingrown hair/razor bump but jelly beans are pretty big... Ask a doctor ideally
naseem

Postby lindleigh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:50 pm

It is highly unlikely to be breast cancer...this is very common and a simple ingrown hair/boil. Apply hot compresses of salt and water to it. This will take up to a week to work. Slather it with Neosporin, this does not go away in a day. It WILL Get soft and drain, but it's not going to take a day.
lindleigh

Return to General Cancer Discussion