Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: How Scientists Used Shrimp to Help Detect Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Hard, nonpainful lump in back of neck next to spine, near base of skull?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby guin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:57 am

I'm 23. Noticed this large, maybe grape-sized lump a few weeks ago. There's no redness and it's not soft or moveable. I'm a huge hypochondriac and I'm really worried it's some sort of cancer. My neck doesn't feel sore or strained at all.

It sticks out more when i turn my head in the opposite direction, then sort of sinks back in otherwise. I'm almost 100% certain it's not a cyst, as it doesn't feel like it's in the skin and it's not sore or squishy feeling at all. Could it be a neck muscle even though I don't feel sore? I can't really see a doctor-it would take months of saving just to walk in the door, never mind any tests if needed. Thanks.
guin

Postby gilpin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:58 am

It sounds like a hunchback? If so its due to excessive fat. Even though you might not be fat. It might also be because you don't stand/sit straight up. You might want to consider google & really get into researching this, that way you won't just throw money out the door. Hope this helps.
gilpin

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer