Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Hard non-movable lump on neck 3 inches below ear?

Discuss Lymphoma, Hodgkins Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

Postby jelani » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:26 pm

I went to the doctor over a month ago after noticing it, they said it was Lymphanditis and didn't give me any antibiotics. They told me to come back if it was not gone in a couple of days. One thing led to another and I was unable to return to the doctors for over a month. Then I finally went back, they gave me antibiotics and said that if it was a infection this would probably help. I am 9/10 days through the antibiotics and no change. If any thing it is harder and bigger. I have some occasional back pain and some weakness. This is not mono according to the doctor. The lump is is under the skin and I am having to sleep more than usual because I am always tired. Help?
jelani

Postby riccardo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:30 pm

I went to the doctor over a month ago after noticing it, they said it was Lymphanditis and didn't give me any antibiotics. They told me to come back if it was not gone in a couple of days. One thing led to another and I was unable to return to the doctors for over a month. Then I finally went back, they gave me antibiotics and said that if it was a infection this would probably help. I am 9/10 days through the antibiotics and no change. If any thing it is harder and bigger. I have some occasional back pain and some weakness. This is not mono according to the doctor. The lump is is under the skin and I am having to sleep more than usual because I am always tired. Help?
Karen, it is time to call the doctor for another appointment. This time, maybe be a bit more proactive and request that they do a biopsy of this lymph node(s) to rule out lymphoma. A hard, fixed, node is usually a good candidate for excision and biopsy and getting an answer either way so they can get you all fixed up, would be a good thing.
Best Wishes
riccardo

Postby taveon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

well, i dont know exactly what you have. but i can say that i personally think it is very sad that they gave you antibiotics for such a thing! infection..ha *mock* as you can see it is likely not an infection. those MDs are feeling around in the dark when it comes to this sort of issue.

also just my opinion- this is more likely a toxicity issue, so you should try a raw food, fruit based cleanse diet before you do any more damaging medical procedures. in short, this is most likely a lymphatic constipation issue. look that up. most cancer(not saying this is a cancer..but it could be) is due to localized toxic stagnation of the lymphatic system, the fluid that is suppose to remove cellular waste. but unfortunately the way most people eat and treat their bodies in general causes this fluid to become chronically thick and sticky. on top of that people are not moving their bodies enough, which is the main way to move this lymphatic system. there is also things you can eat that have a cleansing value rather than a nutrient value, granted they do have that as well to some extent. but the focus of a purely fruit and veg diet is to use these foods as a tool to help devolve an eliminate cellular acid waste, which if left too long can break down, suffocate and even kill cells.

just some things to think about. pretty basic naturopathic concepts.
taveon

Postby earie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm also afraid of having lymphoma, I'm no doctor but I can tell you as a person with a health anxiety that read all that was found on the internet about lymphoma is that a lot of young people complain of finding nodes. I'm absolutely sure that not all of them have cancer. I would continue with the doctor appointments just to make sure, at least you were able to speak with your doctor, I'm still waiting to see mine.
earie

Return to Lymphoma