Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Had Cancer Need Some Help?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Aren » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 am

This past April I was diagnosed with a rare type of cervical cancer. I underwent surgery had my uterus, ovaries, and everything else related to reproductive removed. I also under went 6 months of chemotherapy. I am in remission but still have to get checked out every three months. The type of cancer I had was called Papallary Serous Adenocarcinoma. It's usually found in post menopausal women between 50-65 years old. I am 31 years old and it was found in my cervix which through the medical community for a loop. So here is the problem I having. Since they removed my ovaries is threw me into medical menopause. I do not feel the same. I put on weight and I was already over weight. I feel hungry all the time. Thirsty. I can't sleep at night. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes before I was diagnosed with cancer. I started taking vitamins and riding the exercise bike and eating healthy. I was so in much pain for awhile but not now. But I am still putting on weight. I have been doing these things for a month and I have put on another 10lbs in a month! I am up to 240lbs and before my diagnosis I was 190 and bringing my weight down fine. WHAT IS GOING ON!!? I am doing everything right. I even have a scale to weigh my portions. I drink water no soda and I do not eat fast food! I don't want to be sick anymore. I don't want to be overweight. And I do not want to get cancer again. I do not take hormones because I have family history of cancer reoccurring with them. Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong so I can fix it. I have been off chemo now for two months. Anyone have any ideas? Please don't make fun of me or make rude comments. I am so frustrated I could scream because everything I am doing is not working!
Aren

Postby Dall » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 am

I did speak to him about the vitamins. I lost a lot of lubrication in my joints so he suggested to take glucosamine chondroitin however I am allergic to chondroitin because it has sulfate in it. So I just take the glucosamine. He said to take a multivitamin daily with iron. So I take the flinstones chewables and take two. That's it.
Dall

Postby Barindra » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:51 am

Talk to your treating oncologist at your next check up befopre you try ANYTHING even herbal supplements.

There are things that you can try to counteract the early menopause but you do not want to risk increasing your risk of the cancer recurring.

All my oncologist would allow was evening primrose oil and Vitamin E.
Barindra

Postby Tremaine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am

You have been dealt a really bad hand.
You body is going through a lot of changes at a time when it is not ready for it, so I am not surprised it is reacting badly.

There is a fair bit of research that ties carbohydrates, especially processed carbohydrates, to the body's mechanisms that trigger fat storage.
So you may be eating less, but you may also be eating wrong.
I had to give up carbs when I was going through chemo because my taste buds reacted very strange to them (they tasted horrible), so I know how tough it is to give them up, especially in an American diet.

See if you can get a referral to a nutritionist that deals specifically with cancer patient and patients who are going through medically induced menopause.
Work with that person to craft a diet plan that can provide the nutrition you need without causing the excess weight gain which concerns you.
Tremaine

Postby Rashawn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 am

I can?t imagine why anyone would make fun of you!

Cervical cancer treatment is horrible and menopause in your 30s is too ? both is something no one should go through.

Tarkarri is right you need to speak to your oncologist before you take ANYTHING. You may also want to request a consult with a nutritionist. This is not something you should continue to tackle on your own there are too many things to take into consideration.

The nolvadex answer is a spam bot, not a real person.
Rashawn

Return to Cervical Cancer